Senior Software Engineer
Apex Systems, the nation's 2nd largest IT Workforce Solutions organization, has an immediate and exciting opportunity for a Senior Software Engineer with a large health client of ours in the Louisville, KY area.
If you'd like to receive Job Alerts from Apex that match your specific criteria, visit itcareers.apexsystemsinc.com.
This is about a 6 Month Contract to Hire with an opportunity to go PERM based off performance and evaluation but can not be guaranteed.
LOCATION: Work From Home
Job Profile Summary:
The Senior Software Engineer with our client will have the chance to influence the decisions of a young organization. Software Engineers in our clients team are trusted to own major parts of the codebase, and we expect you to thrive as a leader in spearheading and shaping the technology direction, with support from your peers.
You will help develop cloud native solutions, leveraging Google Cloud Platform Services. Develop code in languages and frameworks that fit into that ecosystem - .Net Core (C#), Java, or Node.js. As a Senior engineer you will help grow engineering best practices, develop REST APIs, asynchronous events, and data pipelines and mature our automation capabilities to deliver and deploy secure, quality code through blue-green deployments.
We believe that both a high-quality team and high-quality code are critical pieces of our mission. You'll be responsible for building the backbone interoperability platform that powers our engaging customer experience assets. The platform our client uses is envisioned to be a modern high-fidelity information superhighway that integrates with a multitude of data sources and presents data in the right grain, at the right time. You'll design data models, build APIs, and orchestrate data flow across our client's platform. You'll help us build an enterprise scale microservices architecture that will help scale all of our capabilities to those that we serve.
Working closely with our product and architecture team, you will focus on improving our cleints platform with both large new features and iterate through smaller enhancements that integrate across a variety of channels - web, mobile, and voice. Lastly, you will work with the analytics team to build a feedback loop to constantly improve on what we've already built.
• Proven work experience as a Software Engineer or Software Developer
• 5+ years of Software Development experience in at least one of the following languages: C# (.Net Core), Java, and Node
• 3+ years of hands-on experience building production-grade APIs or micro-services with integrations spanning multitude of back-ends.
• 1+ year of experience building cloud native solutions.
• Hands-on experience building production-grade microservices architecture with good knowledge of data engineering methodologies
• Analytical mind with problem-solving aptitude
• Strong communication skills with ability to interact with business and customer representatives
• Passion for growing your skills, tackling interesting work and challenging problems
• BA/BS in Computer Science or any relevant field
• Experience working within an DevOps style environment using agile delivery practices and methodologies.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at