SOFTWARE ENGINEER What are we building?
Client is building a new platform to provide powerful and innovative solutions to enable our clients to manage the most complex deals on the planet as efficiently as possible.
We want to be the easiest, fastest and most intuitive way to progress deals to a successful outcome - enabling the bankers, lawyers and professionals we work alongside to focus on doing what they do best for their clients.
The new core platform is a microservices architecture with multiple web/mobile applications built on top. We are leveraging a combination of open source and third-party libraries/frameworks such as Eureka (service discovery), MongoDB (NoSQL), Elastic Search (search), Pivotal Cloud Foundry (cloud native), Microsoft Azure (cloud service platform) and many more. Responsibilities
We are looking for talented engineers to join the distributed team. This team will have many opportunities to learn new technology and innovate on the products. The immediate need is for someone to:
- Mentor other engineers on backend development
- Collaborate with technical, business, and UX team members to understand users, create requirements, and develop solutions using an agile development process
- Deliver highly scalable and flexible application modules and components
- Follow and improve best practices within the stack and move the code toward a modular UI distributed across multiple applications
- Lead collaboration efforts with other agile teams that are responsible for pieces of the platform and applications
- Experience designing technical solutions from discovery to delivery
- Develop clear and readable documentation to communicate technical solutions
To be successful in this role you must be a leader, quick learner, very familiar with agile practices and software development, and enjoy working in cross functional teams. Our Ideal Candidate will have:
- A passion for writing clean and scalable code
- 5+ years of relevant software engineering experience
- Subject matter expert in Java, Node or comparable
- Proficiency with GroovySpok, JUnit, Mocha, Jest or similar
- Able to maintain Continuous Integration (CI) / Continuous Delivery (CD) pipelines
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at firstname.lastname@example.org