We are looking for a Sr Java Developer will have responsibility as both an individual contributor and as a team lead in the design/development of medical diagnostic applications.
* Design, implement and maintain medical diagnostic application software in predominantly Java.
* Be part of a software engineering team that develops software for commercial products and in-house research. T
* This project is to re-engineer existing software using Java
* Work on projects will involve mathematical data analysis, data acquisition and storage, Ethernet and USB communications, and instrument control.
* Participate in cross-functional project teams with scientists and other engineers.
* Work well in a team environment, and also work well with customers on multiple levels (leadership and non-leadership).
* Adhere to software development and source control processes.
* Minimum of 2- 5 years of Java coding experience ? must be proficient
* Full Stack Engineering Experience
* BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Biomedical Engineering
* Ability to work across all layers of the application, from back-end databases through to the UI
* Working knowledge of database relational design, schema design and data normalization
* Exceptional design and programming skills; solid understanding of concurrency, threading, and data structures
* Demonstrated knowledge of automated testing (e.g., JUnit) and experience with test-driven development
* Experience in Gap Analysis of existing software to current and future designs; ability to evaluate criteria and exercise judgment in selecting techniques to obtain results
* Ability to produce thorough documentation that meets regulatory/methodology requirements
* Highly motivated with solid leadership skills to lead and mentor other engineers
* Experience in ISO and FDA regulated environments, and medical diagnostics instrument related software design
* Experience developing GUIs with Java or Web technologies