Are you a Software Engineer looking for an innovative change?Are you interested in seeing real products and systems come to life with your software?Join our cutting-edge Software Development team
We are the leader in designing, developing and testing custom built software applications for the energy industry that are tailored to the needs of the business and external customers.Partner with the best
As a software engineer, you will be a member of an agile software delivery organization that focuses on moving the energy industry forward by inventing new, sustainable strategies and digital solutions that optimize business value. You will utilize some of the newest technologies, like artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning (ML) to optimize the supply chain at Baker Hughes.
As a Software Engineer, you will be responsible for:
Fuel your passion
- Delivering small-sized software engineering stories and tasks on time.
- Providing technical input while defining, developing, and evolving software in an agile development environment.
- Designing, developing and testing complex software solutions that drive business value.
- Learning new technologies used throughout the organization.
- Participating in code reviews, implementing solutions based on team feedback and solving issues.
- Following strict code standards used by the team.
- Participating in technical discussions; participating in technical designs and presenting technical ideas through white boarding and presentations.
To be successful in this role you will require:
Work in a way that works for you
- Have a Bachelor's degree or higher in computer science, software engineering or "STEM" Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) from an accredited university or college.
- Have at least 2 years of software development experience.
- Have legal authorization to work in the U.S. (required). We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job.
- Have a solid understanding of object-oriented design, software design patterns and infrastructure-as-code principles.
- Have functional experience using back end technologies like Java, Spring, Spring Boot, Spring Security, Hibernate/JPA or SOAP/REST web services.
- Have a basic understanding of RDMS technologies like PostgreSQL, Oracle or MySQL.
- Have a basic understanding or testing frameworks like Junit, TestNG, Selenium or Cucumber.
- Have a basic understanding of containerization technologies like Docker, CloudFoundry or Kubernetes.
- Have knowledge of cyber security best practices.
We recognize that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
Working with Us
- Working from home - Flexibility to work occasionally from home
Our people are at the heart of what we do at Baker Hughes. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train, reward talent, and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.Working for you
Our inventions have revolutionized energy for over a century. To keep going forward tomorrow, we know we have to push the boundaries today. We prioritize rewarding those who embrace challenge with a package that reflects how much we value their input. Join us, and you can expect:
- Contemporary work-life balance policies and wellbeing activities
- Comprehensive private medical care options
- Safety net of life insurance and disability programs
- Tailored financial programs
- Additional elected or voluntary benefits
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient.Join Us
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company with a global reach and exciting services and clients? Come join us and grow with a team of people who will challenge and inspire you!About Us:
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient.Join Us:
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values innovation and progress? Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Let's come together and take energy forward.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.