DISH is a Fortune 200 company with more than $15 billion in annual revenue that continues to redefine the communications industry. Our legacy is innovation and a willingness to challenge the status quo, including reinventing ourselves. We disrupted the pay-TV industry in the mid-90s with the launch of the DISH satellite TV service, taking on some of the largest U.S. corporations in the process, and grew to be the fourth-largest pay-TV provider. We are doing it again with the first live, internet-delivered TV service - Sling TV - that bucks traditional pay-TV norms and gives consumers a truly new way to access and watch television. Now we are building the nation's first stand-alone could-based open RAN 5G network.
We are driven by curiosity, pride, adventure, and a desire to win - it's in our DNA. We're looking for people with boundless energy, intelligence, and an overwhelming need to achieve to join our team as we embark on the next chapter of our story.
Opportunity is here. We are DISH. Job Duties and ResponsibilitiesJob Description
DISH Network is a major pay TV operator in the US, owning DISH satellite broadcasting service and Sling TV. Sling Media, Bangalore, is a division of DISH and has a strong tradition of innovation in the space of video streaming and TV. Despite being a small part of the parent organization, with just over a couple of hundred employees, this team has conceptualized, designed and created a range of first-of-its-kind products, taking care of the whole gamut of technologies like hardware, embedded software, mobile applications, web services and other backend technologies.
As you may have noticed, the way we watch TV is going through a transformation. This cuts across multiple dimensions like video delivery mechanism, content discovery interfaces, highly competitive dynamics in the market, and the sheer multitude of content available to the customer. This is an exciting time to look at this space and help the company define the future of TV. Description
The Engineer/Sr. Engineer/Lead Engineer for ReactJS
- BE/B.Tech or equivalent degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Experience: 2+ years of experience in development
- Working knowledge on debugging problems using relevant tools.
- Firm understanding of Object Oriented principles, design patterns, and software design/architecture best practices.
- Ability to communicate technical concepts clearly concisely both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to collaboratively work through technical issues in a professional manner, making design considerations and trade-offs as needed.
- Thrive in and contribute to a collaborative team environment.
- Write code to develop web based dynamic UI for SlingTV client. Target platforms include Xbox, Comcast, SmartTVs and many upcoming new platforms.
- Collaborate with team members and business partners for problem solving, bug fixes, new feature implementations, work planning and code demonstrations
- Assist with team-wide validation of functional correctness, architectural compliance, and adherence to applicable industry standards
- Collaborate with other teams to coordinate changes to shared interfaces
- Adhere to team standards for writing and documenting code
Compensation: $65,800.00/Year - $108,100.00/Year Benefits
From versatile health perks to new career opportunities, check out our benefits on our careers website.
Candidates need to successfully complete a pre-employment screen, which may include a drug test.