That's where you'll find DST, helping clients find opportunity in ever-changing and complex customer, business, and regulatory requirements. Mastering complexity is a constantly changing and evolving challenge - one that only a few people can embrace and thrive upon.
If you see your opportunity in complexity, then we are the right fit for you.
At DST Financial Services, we believe that in order to better service our clients it-s through our use of data. In our Australia, United Kingdom, and United States offices we provide services to mutual funds, brokerage firms, retirement plans, wealth management, and other financial services. Every day our global offices work together to master the complexity of the financial industry to transform the most challenging tasks into opportunity and competitive advantage.
This position is in the AMS Daily Support Technical team. The team supports all remote and BPO clients in AMS with this position having a focus on support of Fidelity, AFS, MFS and ALTS. Software Engineers analyze, design, programs, and modifies software enhancements and/or new products used in local, networked, cloud-based or Internet-related computer programs. Code may be used in commercial or end-user applications, such as materials management, financial management, mobile apps or desktop applications products. Using current programming languages and technologies, leveraging BDD (Behavior Drive Development)/TDD (Test Driven Development) methodologies, writes code, completes programming, and performs testing and debugging of applications. Completes documentation and procedures for installation and maintenance. May interact with users to define system requirements and/or necessary modifications. Adheres to Software Engineering and Information Security Controls. Exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action.
* Analyzing data in various applications, and mapping the data between various source systems while ensuring the accurate importing/exporting and migration of the data
* Analyzing, preparing and executing data cleansing services
* Building PL/SQL scripts for importing and exporting data
* Building java based applications to facilitate the import/export process for complex business rules and logic
* Leveraging import/export utilities provided by Oracle, SQL Server and DB2
* Supporting and performing unit testing activities for data conversions, cleansing and integration solutions
* Ensuring that proper documentation is captured, maintained, and understood by the business and/or IT partners as needed
* Participate in, or facilitate, business process and requirement sessions to ensure all parties understand the data mapping requirements
* Work closely with various IT departments in order to ensure that existing data conversion and integration needs are being met
* 5+ years of experience supporting data migration projects and associated technologies
* 5+ years of demonstrated experience importing and exporting data from a variety of database applications
* 5+ years of demonstrated experience with data analysis and mapping
* 5+ years of experience with SQL, T-SQL, PL/SQL and Oracle
* 5+ years of Java experience
* 5+ years of programming experience demonstrating a comprehensive application of programming principles, methodologies, tools, and techniques; demonstrated aptitude for performing system-level technical designs. This experience will include object oriented development with Java.
* Linux/Windows experience preferred
* AWD application and table knowledge preferred
* iSeries DB2 and CDC experience a plus
Kansas City Missouri
DST is an equal opportunity employer and values a diverse and inclusive workplace. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information about Equal Opportunity in the Workplace please click here and here. DST is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to job applicants with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need an accommodation or accessibility assistance to complete the online application, please contact us at PeopleCenter@dstsystems.com for assistance.