About Diversified Technical Systems Inc. (DTS)
DTS is a dynamic company started in 1990. We design and manufacture measurement products for automotive, military, aerospace, industrial, and amusement industries, with a focus on quantifying human injury. We distinguish ourselves from our competitors by offering technically superior products and outstanding service. DTS excels in a niche field, preferred over others in the USA and growing as we gain worldwide market share. DTS headquarters is located in Seal Beach, CA with satellite offices in Novi MI, United Kingdom, Japan, and Indonesia. Join the DTS team and become an important player on a talented design team working to create some of the world’s most cutting-edge products.
The Software Engineer will be developing the next generation of innovative technologies for DTS. The Software Engineer will be responsible for participating in the design, development, validation and documentation of application software to support the test and manufacturing of DTS products. This role will require collaboration and tasking in support of other departments, disciplines and external customers on new products, existing products in production, and legacy fielded products. Primary development tasks include management of software requirements and specifications, design and documentation of software architecture, source code development and management, end production validation and testing.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Design, and implement application software to support DTS products.
- Maintain existing application software and custom software solutions.
- Write specification documents, design documents, test plans, and progress reports
- Perform software testing and verification
- Work with technicians, engineering, and consultant staff as needed
- Provide support to DTS Technical Support staff
- Provide technical support to select customers
- Provide internal training to support and sales staff
- Minimum BSCS, BSCE or BSEE with 2-5 years of software development experience.
- Required application programming experience includes C# / .NET, WPF, SQL, TCP/IP or USB, and multi-threaded applications.
- Experience with test systems, data acquisition systems, NUnit, DSP concepts, and electronics concepts a big plus.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and Internet applications are required. MS-Project or relevant planning software is a plus.
- Familiar with applications that communicate and control hardware.
- Excellent teamwork and communication skills are essential.
- Occasional travel may be necessary.
- Have outstanding technical talent, be passionate about their work by learning about and applying new technologies and communicates so that the excitement is contagious, and has a sense of ownership about his or her work.
WORK ENVIRONMENT, PHYSICAL DEMANDS, AND EQUIPMENT USE:
The work environment is a production and engineering area and typical business office. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk and sit and have the ability to lift and carry up to 35 lbs. The employee is required to use computer keyboard, mouse, telephone and ten-key.