The FBI s Applications and Data Division is looking for passionate technologists to help us face some of the nation s toughest challenges. We provide the end-to-end technical services for the applications and data that enable FBI Special Agents and Analysts around the world to protect the American public and uphold the U.S. Constitution. Join us in developing technologies to further the mission of the FBI. Our goal is simple: stay ahead of the threat by delivering on the potential of software and data.
As a Software Engineer, you are focused on all processes of the software development lifecycle, including collecting and analyzing system requirements, evaluating viable options, designing and developing solutions, testing and quality assurance and configuration and change management.
TECHNICAL QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- You understand software engineering fundamentals (data structures, algorithms, design patterns), and have strong programming and analytical skills. You have demonstrated problem-solving and debugging skills necessary to determine the root cause of a software defect or technical issue.
- You have an excellent understanding of the Object Oriented Programming (OOP) and Object Oriented Analysis (OOA) concepts and ability to develop software using Java, C++, Python.
- You have familiarity with alternative database technologies such as ACID (Atomicity, Consistency, Isolation and Durability) as found in many relational database-management systems and BASE (Basic Availability, Soft-state and Eventual consistency) as found in many NoSQL database management systems.
- You have experience in software engineering development methodologies including Agile, Scrum and Kanban.
- You have the ability to work on multiple parallel projects and tasks, and to operate in a dynamic, fast-paced, team-oriented environment. You can comprehend and analyze complex technical problems and quickly identify and implement solutions to address those problems. You should be able to solve small problems in ways that positively affect the big picture.
- You have experience with applying Cloud services as integral components of larger solutions and have a demonstrated ability to brief Cloud concepts to technical and non-technical audiences and advocate for customers.
- You have the ability to understand and explain business logic and technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders.
- Be a U.S. citizen.
- Be able to obtain a Top-Secret Clearance-Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) clearance.
- Must meet the FBI s Employment Eligibility
All applicants will be rated on the following competencies:
- Knowledge and expertise in software engineering technologies.
- Analytic Thinking
What to Expect in the Hiring Phase:
The FBI s mission is to protect the American people and uphold the Constitution of the United States; you will be integral to delivering innovative software that helps the FBI accomplish that mission. Selecting great talent for our mission is one of the most important privileges we have. Part of the selection process will be for you to meet with a five-member panel of FBI technical experts and senior leaders in your field who will assess your problem-solving skills and technical acumen, as well as give you an opportunity to ask questions and make sure this role is a great fit for you.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply for this position, please send your resume (and direct all questions) to FBI_Apps_Data@fbi.gov.