HOW TO APPLY
To apply for this position, please click the “Apply Now” button. Applications submitted without a resume will not be accepted.
The FBI’s Applications and Data Division is looking for dedicated technologists to help us face some of the nation’s toughest challenges. As an FBI Software Engineer, you will design and develop data platforms and solutions; collect and analyze system requirements; evaluate viable options; test and conduct quality assurance, configuration and change management; and provide ongoing maintenance and support. Your ability to work on multiple parallel projects and tasks and operate in a dynamic, fast-paced, team-oriented environment is essential. If helping the FBI stay ahead of threats by delivering on the potential of software and data sounds like the right fit for you, join our mission.
- Salary is commensurate to experience and location.
- Must be able to obtain a Top Secret Clearance.
- Meet the FBI’s Employment Eligibility requirements.
- Must be in compliance with the FBI Employment Drug Policy.
- Must never have been convicted of a felony.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENTIAL REQUIREMENTS
- All candidates must have a bachelor’s degree or higher from a U.S.-accredited college or university.
All degrees must be verified by submitting college transcripts.
- Experience with software engineering fundamentals (data structures, algorithms, design patterns).
- Strong programming and analytical skills.
- Demonstrated problem-solving and debugging skills necessary to determine the root cause of a software defect or technical issue.
- Deep understanding of Object Oriented Programming (OOP) and Object Oriented Analysis (OOA) concepts.
- Ability to develop software using Java, C++ and Python.
- Some experience with alternative database technologies such as ACID (Atomicity, Consistency, Isolation and Durability) as found in many relational database management systems and BASE (Basic Availability, Soft State and Eventual Consistency) as found in many NoSQL database management systems.
- Experience in software engineering development methodologies including Agile, Scrum and Kanban.
- The ability to comprehend and analyze complex technical problems and quickly identify and implement solutions to address those problems.
- Experience with applying Cloud services as integral components of larger solutions and have a demonstrated ability to brief Cloud concepts to technical and nontechnical audiences and advocate for customers.
- Understand and explain business logic and technical concepts to nontechnical stakeholders.