Software Engineer Front End Full Stack-10027874-WD
We are looking for an extremely talented hands-on senior developer who can leverage their energetic and forward-thinking mindset to help grow ninja squad of like-minded engineers leveraging agile methods to jump start a wide-ranging digital transformation. If you can't stop chasing down the technology of tomorrow and are eager to push the boundaries of what is possible, keep reading.
You will define best in class standards/tooling necessary to succeed and serve as a beacon of expertise across the organization.
You will have the opportunity to work alongside, learn from and collaborate with best in class engineers in the high-octane Technology, Strategy, Architecture and Incubation group. You will collaborate in an enterprise service architecture and help us build out the next generation hybrid consumer facing apps. Sharing your passion and expertise with our growing team, helping/mentoring/leading the team members to elevate their skills and integrating the latest technologies for continued advancement will be of particular import.
You must love to code, understand/hunger for/drive good clean design principles, and work well in an agile environment. You thrive on bringing creative solutions to the table. Where others might be defeated by systematic challenges, you are energized by them, refusing to stop until a solution is found.
This is a high-profile role with significant room for growth driving a customer first ethos where forming a deep sense of connection with our audiences is foundational to our outcome focused development practices.
If you want to have an impact on a scale of this magnitude, look no farther.
As a Software Engineer at MUFG, you will help get banking out of our customers' way, putting our customers' money to work where they want it, when they want it, without worrying about it. You'll help us roll out these capabilities the "FinTech" way, using system reliability engineering (SRE) practices and open source software (OSS) for better developer velocity and platform resilience. You'll work with our business partners to architect, design and implement solutions, and your expertise in detailed technical design and development of applications using emerging technology platforms will help lead MUFG towards true technology transformation.
Intrigued? Then, we would like to meet you if you:
- Understand RESTful services and API design along with how to design micro-service based back ends in a cloud native manner
- Have a solid understanding of build tools like Grunt, Webpack, Gulp, Broccoli or Parcel
- Unit test your code with tools like Jest, Enzyme, Mocha, Jasmine or QUnit
- Use expertise of front-end development practices, software design principles, OO concepts, SEO optimizations and UI design and general best practices
- Establish and maintain front-end application best practices and standards without being told
- Develop functional prototypes to demonstrate concepts and to enable rapid iterative support for evaluative research
- Git and similar tools are second nature to you along with creating developer ecosystems and CI/CD pipelines.
- Can work with modern frontend frameworks (e.g., React, Vue.js, Angular) and have experience with building out hybrid applications
- Are able to collaborate effectively with UX Designers, Developers, and Designers
- Can clearly and concisely communicate about complex technical, architectural, and/or organizational problems and propose thorough iterative solutions
- Have experience with performance and optimization problem analysis and a demonstrated ability to both diagnose and prevent these problems
- Have the ability to onboard and integrate with an organization long-term
- Have a portfolio of work - demonstrating your chops (sites, links, GitHub, etc.)
• Have a positive and solution-oriented mindset
• Enjoy being client centric, people focused
• Can really listen to others and have the courage to speak up
• You are passionate about innovating and simplifying
• You step up to own & execute
- You'll exercises rigor in automated testing, code quality, and engineering best practices
- You'll balances being product focused and engineering quality minded both understanding and being thoughtful re tradeoffs
- You'll leverage your experience with front-end optimization techniques (both in file weight and perceived/actual page rendering speed) to improve production/runtime performance that results from inadequate system architecture and/or technical debt
- You'll leverage your full stack background with its focus on front end to help identify areas of improvements in the code base and help contribute to make it better
- You'll provide technical leadership of the Agile team(s) responsible for developing the UI, API and backend integration. You work with the Journey Owner, Scrum Master, other Engineers and Testers to iterate on new features within the Digital Team.
- You'll learn, collaborate and teach other Engineers. Everyone can contribute something new to the team regardless of how long they've been in the industry.
- You'll write high quality code as needed leveraging your experience working with designers to match their expectations
- You'll contribute to and follow our CI/CD process, alongside the rest of the Engineering team and the Consumer Bank as a whole.
- You'll balance a keen sense of quality with the need for pragmatic, incremental improvement for both greenfield projects as well as tech debt.
- You'll play a "Technical Stakeholder" role outside of the development department, as well as advocate for important changes to the technical roadmap.
- You'll serve as the most senior front-end technical resource / stakeholder in any setting, internal or external.
- You'll provide front end technical guidance across functions (i.e. the feasibility of a new feature to our UX team, or an estimate of how long a feature would take to implement to a PM).
- You'll stay current on the latest technologies and inspire your team(s) to do the same.
- Evaluate/audit/enforce/ensure all front-end development work (whether conducted internally or by external suppliers) adheres to adhere to industry standard and internally defined best practices
- When needed, you'll analyze modifications necessary to the stack level architecture triggered by changes in business requirements, processes, or technical requirements, develop options to incorporate the changes and take/facilitate the appropriate decisions.
How you will grow
Through your variety of experiences at MUFG, you will have the opportunity to develop technical, analytical, communication, and leadership skills that can help you achieve your full potential. No matter what career path you eventually choose, you will be continually challenged by your team members and your peers. Along the way, you will have access to mentoring and training opportunities to help foster and accelerate your development of new skills and capabilities.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment decisions. Additionally, it's the bank's policy to only inquire into a candidate's criminal history after an offer has been made. Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain offenses. Job
:Nov 6, 2019, 3:57:42 PM