Genesis10 is seeking a Software Engineer for a leading Telecommunications company. This is a direct hire position in Evansville, IN; Carmel, IN; or Overland Park, KS and must be onsite.
This role will work within the MIS department and is responsible for implementing software development projects aligning with overall company goals. Projects range across many areas such as billing support, service provisioning, customer-facing applications, and third-party integrations. This role will work as part of a team to provide robust, scalable solutions and implementations across all departments of our growing company. Both legacy code enhancement as well as new development are in-scope for this position.
* Collaborating with Business Analysts and other departments to gather project requirements, implement test plans, and provide required functionality
* Designing and developing both internal as well as customer-facing applications
* Developing custom web services and designing internal APIs
* Maintaining and migrating legacy software and applications
* Integrating with third-party systems
* Debugging code, troubleshooting issues, and analyzing root causes
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or a related field or equivalent work experience
* Proficiency with at least one general-purpose programming language such as C++, C#, Perl, PHP, Python, or Ruby
* Experience with version control systems such as Subversion and Git
* Knowledge of Linux and command-line interfaces such as Bash and KornShell
* Basic knowledge of application security principles
* Experience with SQL (Oracle preferred)
* Strong debugging and troubleshooting skills
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills
* HTML5 / CSS3
* Web Services (SOAP/REST)
* Twelve-Factor Applications
* Build automation tools (Gulp, Docker, etc.)
* Agile software development (Scrum, Kanban, etc.)
* User Experience and Interface Design principles and best-practices
If you have the described qualifications and are interested in this exciting opportunity, please apply!
Genesis10 is a leading U.S. business and technology consulting firm with hundreds of clients needing proven talent and solutions to power their strategic initiatives. If you are a high performing business or IT professional with solid, referenced experience, we want to meet you. Genesis10 recruiters and delivery professionals are highly accomplished career advocates, who get to know you beyond your resume to position you with the opportunities that fit your skills, experience and aspirations. We have benefit options to fit your needs and a support staff that works with you from placement throughout your engagement - project after project. To learn more about Genesis10 and to view all our available career opportunities, please visit us at www.genesis10.com.
"Genesis10 is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V"
Start Date: 10/07/2019