Sierra Nevada Corporation's Sensor Systems and Technologies group is looking for a Principle Software Engineer to join our team in the development, deployment and sustainment of our software and hardware systems. Our team provides integrated Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (ISR), Electronic Warfare (EW), and Information Operations (IO) sensor system solutions for national security customers.
The position is located at our headquarters in Sparks, NV. Sparks is immediately adjacent to Reno and only 20 minutes' drive from scenic Lake Tahoe in the heart of the Sierra. In addition to the night life, this area offers world class skiing, mountain biking, backpacking, hiking, kayaking - all of the outdoor adventures imaginable.
If you are ready to work alongside some of the industry's top engineers and scientists to shape the future of this field, now is the time to make SNC part of your future. Look over the available position below and apply as indicated. We look forward to hearing from you.
The Mission Solutions and Technologies (MST) business area provides affordable, turn-key command/control, communications, integrated ISR, force protection and security solutions worldwide. The MST team has a long legacy of supporting the Department of Defense, Department of Homeland Security, commercial and international customers with years of experience in platform operations, engineering and full lifecycle management across domains - air, land, sea, space and cyber. Learn more about MST As a Software Engineer, you will:
- Work directly with the lead software engineer to design, implement, integrate and test
- Collaborate with other engineers to evaluate interfaces between hardware and software
- Determine operational performance requirements of the overall system
- Develop and implement test procedures and documentation
- Troubleshoot designs operating within an integrated system
- Bachelor's of Science degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or other related discipline and typically 0-2 years of relevant experience
- Basic knowledge of Computer Aided Engineering tools
- Conceptual understanding of engineering principles and practices
- Familiarity working in multi-disciplinary teams
- Be Proficient in Java and C++/C# languages
- Linux OS experience (as user and application developer)
- Experience optimizing code for specific hardware characteristics
- Create Software Architecture, Design Documents, and Test Plans
- Occasional travel will be required to various facilities to assist with ground/flight system testing
- The ability to obtain and maintain a Top Secret U.S. Security Clearance is required. Learn more about the background check process for Security Clearances
- Experience with software tools for requirements tracking, code reviews, static analysis, library and artifact repository, and automated build
- Knowledge of software development methodologies such as Agile/Scrum, Waterfall, and Spiral
- Familiarity with data structures
This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a Top Secret U.S. Security Clearance. U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance for employment. Non-U.S. Citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Department of Defense Consolidated Adjudications Facility (DoD CAF), a federal government agency, handles the adjudicative aspects of the security clearance eligibility process for industry applicants. Adjudicative factors which affect the outcome of the eligibility determination include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the U.S., foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and illegal drug use.
At Sierra Nevada Corporation (SNC) we deliver customer-focused technology and best-of-breed integrations in the aerospace and defense sectors. SNC has been honored as one of the most innovative U.S. companies in space, a Tier One Superior Supplier for the U.S. Air Force, and as one of America's fastest-growing companies. Learn more about SNC
SNC offers a generous benefit package, including medical, dental, and vision plans, 401(k) with 150% match up to 8%, life insurance, 3 weeks paid time off, tuition reimbursement, and more
At Sierra Nevada Corporation (SNC), our mission is to dream, innovate, inspire and empower the next generation to transform humanity through technology and imagination. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we welcome our employees to bring their whole selves to their work. SNC is committed to fostering an inclusive, accepting, and diverse environment free of discrimination on the basis of race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran. Contributions to SNC come in many shapes and styles, and we believe diversity in our workforce fosters new and greater ways to dream, innovate, and inspire.