What will you do
This position will be responsible to design, implement, test, and release software modules in compliance with the product requirements specification and the product quality standards.
Work within a team of engineers and test personnel to produce high quality deliverables during the design, implementation, integration, test and support phases of patient monitoring product development. Specifically, with minimal supervision, shows the ability to diagnose, debug and resolve defects; design small modules and functions, translates designs into functional, tested software.
Comply with all internal SOPs and FDA and industry regulations.
Utilize the software configuration management system to correctly maintain SW files. Able to correctly build SW and install SW in a development and product environment.
Support clinical engineers, quality engineers, service engineers and test personnel by executing tests, reproducing defects, documenting defect analysis in a defect tracking tool.
Take direction from senior engineering staff, seek out advice as needed; respond to coaching, analyze successes and failures in order to improve, and take on the challenge of unfamiliar tasks.
Provide feedback during code and design reviews.Who you are
BS Computer Science or Electrical Engineering required.
2 - 5 years previous experience in software design, analysis and trouble shooting, utilizing C or C++, with a real-time operating system, on a multi-threaded/multi-processing embedded product (1-3 years previous experience with MS degree).
- Ability to follow company and governmental regulations
- Effective team player
- Ability to maintain detailed records and reports
- Ability to follow direction from senior team members
- Ability to effectively provide code and design feedback as well as communicate internally
- Experience developing software for medical products
- Experience with one or more: TDD, BDD, DDD, Unit Test, continuous integration and delivery, Agile
- Experience with software tools (build, IDC, code coverage, static analysis, source control, detect tracking, automated test, etc.)
- Experience developing highly networked applications
Note: Any physical requirements listed must
be deemed an Essential Function
of the job.
Ability to work together with others and in a team atmosphere; while displaying civility, cordiality, friendliness, empathy, etc.
Ability to work in a fast paced environment with varying amounts of individual responsibilities, conflict resolution, redirected priorities, etc.
Ability to travel nationally /internationally, up to 5-10% of the time