CGI seeks a Software Engineer II (Windows).
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below
- BS degree and 6 to 8 years of prior relevant experience. May substitute BS degree for 4 additional years of related experience
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD SECRET security clearance
- Experience / understanding of relational db models and JPA
- Experience in Java/ J2EE technologies (Swing, OSGi, Sockets, JPA, XML (DOM and SAX parsers)
- Experience with Atlassian tools, including Jira, Confluence, and Bitbucket
- Experience with Jenkins Pipelines
- Experience with Windows Installer Utilities
- Experience with Windows (Processes, IPC, caching, Windows Registry)
- Experience with Service Oriented Architectures (SOAs) and specifically, OSGi; Experience with Objected Oriented Analysis, Design and Programming
- Experience with PostgresSQL (RDBMS, PL/SQL, Referential Integrity)
- Experience with Map Implementation (Worldwind, OpenMap, FalconView)
- Experience in C/C++ (Basic understanding of Dynamic memory management)
- In-depth experience in Ada programming(tasking(R-V), private types, generics, Interfaces)
- Able to multi-task, self-assign work, and function in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Good verbal, written, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Proficiency with MS Office Products (Word, Excel, Visio, & PowerPoint)
- ship is required
- Experience with network architecture and communications
- Familiar with VMF and USMTF message sets
- Familiar with Combat Net Radio (CNR) and or SATCOM communications
- Basic understanding of Army and Marine fire mission processing
- Experience with AFATDS, Army Common Operating Environment (COE) or other PM MC systems
- Currently possess an active DoD SECRET security clearance
CGI Federal has a career opportunity for a talented Software Engineer to support a critical modernization effort of the Advanced Field Artillery Tactical Data System (AFATDS) in order to satisfy the vision of Program Executive Office (PEO) Command Control Communications - Tactical (C3T) and Project Manager Mission Command. Responsible for developing, implementing software and tests. Duties may include defining and specifying the implementation of standards, methods, and procedures for software development, inspecting, testing, and evaluating the precision, accuracy, and reliability of client and/or company products.
The AFATDS is a multi-service, automated command, coordination, communication, and computing system that provides automated fire support and coordination to all echelons, from firing unit through theater level, at Army, Marine Corps, Naval Firing Platforms, Navy Command and Amphibious Assault Ships, Air Force Operations Centers, and Joint Command and Control Centers. AFATDS enables the automatic application of the Force Commander’s guidance in the Fires Warfighting Function to plan, execute, and deliver effects at all levels of command within the current and future force. AFATDS can automatically tailor the selection of fire support assets (field artillery, mortars, close air support, naval gunfire, attack helicopters, and offensive electronic warfare assets) based on the Commander’s guidance, thereby enabling maximum effective use of all available fire support assets across the full spectrum of conflict.
Your future duties and responsibilities
Derive and maintain a cohesive program software architecture based on customer requirements, customer interactions, subject matter expert inputs, system architecture artifacts, and business objectives; Communicate development concepts to software developers, program management, and customer representatives during meetings; Work with system engineering personnel to assess requirements, and to ensure consistency between system architecture and software architecture; Use Jira, Confluence, Git/Bitbucket collaboration and source control tools to communicate information; Identify potential roadblocks and develop around them; Plan and estimate development tasks and work to improve performance metrics; Other duties, as required.
We understand that success in the IT services business is contingent on retaining and attracting the best talent - talent like you. At CGI, our team of professionals is dedicated and driven to help our clients succeed.
At our Lafayette Center, we are looking for experienced professionals and graduating students interested in IT careers, focusing on those with demonstrated experience in IT and business, strong problem-solving abilities, and excellent interpersonal skills.
While most companies have a vision and mission, CGI goes a step beyond. We have a company dream: "To create an environment in which we enjoy working together and, as owners, contribute to building a company we can be proud of." This dream emphasizes the enjoyment and ownership principles that are essential to CGI's success.
In fact, we strive to create an environment where our professionals enjoy working together and feel empowered and engaged as owners to build their company and grow their careers. This dream as well as our values are what set us apart -