ICW Group is looking to add a Software Engineer II to our expanding IT Group. This team member will assume responsibility for the implementation of new and maintenance of existing business and IT solutions; including software configuration and development, system and data integration, and management of SaaS products. SQL database applications are at the core of this Software Engineer's day-to-day. This person will strive to ensure that new business solutions are implemented effectively through collaboration and a can-do attitude all the while jumping in to learn new things.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Creates and maintains software solutions to support the Company’s business and IT Operations.
- Collaborates with the rest of the engineering team in the documenting of software design of Java, .NET, C#, and SQL databases.
- Develop strong code and documentation.
- Collaborates with the Business Analysts in the creation, refinement and review of functional and non-functional requirements, and specifications.
- Creates deployment scripts and provides detailed documentation for deploying and supporting software.
- Collaborates and partners with IT staff and the business during technical meetings, regular code reviews, and technical planning meetings.
Performs system design to produce a robust solution within time and cost requirements.
- Facilitates the delivery of artifacts that meets business specifications.
- Performs the writing of application and system integration code, defines logical and physical data structures, builds reports, and provides automation scripts.
- Partners with IT staff and reviews their documentation to ensure timely delivery and accuracy.
- Applies best practices, including design reviews, unit testing, code reviews, and continuous integration/deployment, to minimize, if not eliminate, defects upon delivery.
- Identifies and advocates areas for improvement within the IT organization.