115 Poheganut Dr, Groton, CT, USADivision:
Cox AutomotiveJob Level:
Yes, 5 % of the TimeSchedule:
Day JobRequisition Number:
What we're looking for:
Amazing technical instincts. You know how to evaluate and choose the right technology and approach for the job. You have stories you could share about what problem you thought you were solving at first, but through testing and iteration, came to solve a much bigger and better problem that resulted in positive outcomes all-around.
A love for learning. Technology is continually evolving around us, and you want to keep up to date to ensure we are using the right tech at the right time.
Confidence, not ego. You have an ability to collaborate with others and see all sides of the coin to come to the best solution for everyone.
Comfort working in ambiguity and making sense of it. You can take in a lot of disparate information and find common themes, recommend clear paths forward and iterate along the way. You don't form an opinion and sell it as if its gospel; this is all about being flexible, agile, dependable, and responsive in the face of many moving parts
The Software Engineer II will have the responsibility of developing a large and complex international web/mobile application used within the automotive industry. This self-starter will be responsible for bringing websites and apps to life. They will take the vision from designers and execute on that using the modern technologies (Bootstrap, Angular, Typescript, Node, Java, Spring Boot, Groovy, Grails, AWS, Microservices). Working under experienced technical architects and leads, this is an opportunity to join an exceptional team and work in a startup environment on projects that will be used by both end consumers and employees of the largest automobile manufacturers around the world.
- Develop and deliver a wide range of high profile, accessible and standards-compliant web and mobile projects
- Work with colleagues and technical resources to define technical solutions that meet business requirements using agreed tools and technologies
- Develop solutions in-line with in-house standards and practices
- Carry out unit testing during the code development
- Contribute to the on-going development of best practices, identification of suitable new tools and system and service improvements
- Consistently exhibits a positive attitude and desire to help the team to succeed
What you'll do:
- Perform complex application programming activities in the latest technologies: Bootstrap, Angular, Typescript, Node.js, Java, HTML, CSS, and more!
- Create features that are scalable, accessible and renders effectively across multiple browsers, operating systems, and device types (Desktop, mobile, tablet, etc.)
- Collaborate with Product Owners, Designers, and other developers on different permutations to find the best solution possible.
- Deliver amazing solutions to production that knock everyone's socks off.
Technologies We Use:
- Bootstrap, Angular, Typescript, Java (Spring Boot, Groovy, Grails), Node, Git, Terraform, AWS (Elastic Beanstalk, EC2, S3, SNS, SQS, Aurora, etc.) and so much more!
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or related software engineering field and 3+ years' experience or MA with 2+ years of equivalent practical experience.
- Experience with HTML5 and CSS3 web standards.
- Knowledge of web libraries and frameworks, such as Angular, React, Bootstrap, and Typescript.
- Familiarity with full web stacks, single page applications and microservice architecture.
- Experience developing internal business applications and business integration
- Experience with cloud hosting, architectural principles in security, distributed computing, and Developer Operations experience, such as: Linux Administration, Git, Chef, Puppet, Maven, Ansible, etc.
- Participation in multiple full system implementation life cycles (analyze, design, build, test, implement, support)
- Experience with Agile development methodologies including Scrum or Kanban
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; strong analytical skills and a demonstrable bias toward action.
Who We Are About Cox Automotive
There's nothing ordinary about Cox Automotive. We are people of every background driven by our passion for mobility, innovation, client success and community outreach. We make buying, selling and owning (or simply using) cars easier for everyone. Touching more than 40,000 clients across five continents, we bring together the best brands and the best teams to propel the automotive industry forward. Some of those team members work for our iconic consumer brands like Autotrader and Kelley Blue Book, while others are creating the future of automotive at industry-facing brands like Dealer.com, Manheim and vAuto. About Cox
We are the Cox family of businesses. We've been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions - Cox Communications and Cox Automotive - are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. We're also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. We're looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope you'll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual's age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.