Title: SOFTWARE ENGINEER. SOFTWARE ENGINEERING.CISCO
Cisco seeks a Senior Software Engineer to join the Customer Experience and Delivery team that is part of the Cisco Service Provider group.
“Who You'll Work With”
You will be working with a diverse set of teams representing Developers, Testers, Architects, Marketing and System Engineers located in various geographies that are passionate about what they build and strive to provide the best customer experience possible while having fun along the way!
“Who You Are”
The ideal candidate will have demonstrated hands on experience in scripting languages such as Python and having a background in continuous integration and deployment. In addition, the candidate must possess broad knowledge of and exposure to Layer 1-3 network and routing protocols (IP/MPLS feature set), as well as, previous QA/Development experience on distributed network systems. He/She will be leading and responsible for Feature Testing and Automation for the Next-Generation SP
“What You'll Do”
You will be part of the Cisco's Service Provider Group and you will be responsible for testing network software and building scalable automation environment and continuous deployment framework using Python for testing and deploying software on Highly Scalable Distributed Routing Platform
You will have:
* Ability to proficiently code in any one of the scripting languages such as Python
* Working Knowledge in Layer 2 and Layer 3 Networking technologies
* Troubleshooting skills in the realm of Layer 2 to Layer 7.
* Background with one or more of following areas is a plus : Virtualization, Cloud technologies, Large data center Automation/Experience
● Develop new tools and methods to increase the overall quality of the software releases while maintaining an agile development process
● Automate unit, functional and system testing
● Solve/analyze/debug complex problems at the system level.
● Champion new/improved design and testing methodologies
● Mentoring & coaching engineers within the organization
● Bachelor's of Engineering degree in Telecommunications Engineering or related field
● Requires 5 years of professional software engineering experience in large enterprise organizations
● 3+ years of experience with programming Languages: Python, TCL/Perl
● 3+ years experience with Networking technologies, routers, switches, virtualization
● Proficiency with development expertise in Unix/Linux environments
● Creative problem solving skills and excellent troubleshooting/debugging skills
● Continuous Integration systems experience - Jenkins
● Experience with Agile development methodologies
Excellent to have:
● Knowledge/Background in Data mining & working with large disparate logs.
● Knowledge/Background in Log analysis & mining - such as Splunk and LogStash
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren’t afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
We Are Cisco.
@ciscoCareers is #hiring #WeAreCisco #Software Engineer #Python #Hadoop #Big Data #Networking #Continuous Integration #Splunk #Linux #Networking technologies
170 West Tasman Dr. San Jose, CA, 95134