USAA is currently seeking Java Software Engineers in San Antonio, Plano and Phoenix
USAA is a San Antonio, Texas Based Fortune 500 company diversified financial services group of companies offering banking, investing and insurance to people and families who serve, or served in the United States Military.
USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S. military members and their families. This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking at every level, so if you would like to invent, design and test applications, by taking risks, creating new technology and having the ability to make an impact on our members we want to speak to you!
If you are looking for a new opportunity and have experience as a Java Software Engineer who is knowledgeable in API development, please apply!
Relocation is available for these positions!
Click on the link to watch the USAA Java Web Services Spotlight Video: https://youtu.be/3TNesOmexMU
As a Java Software Engineer you will:
- Have the ability to work in a fast paced environment driving innovation through rapid prototyping
- Be knowledgeable in API development
- Be part of a team of developers guiding on engineering best practices
- Work closely with business clients and UI designers to analyze requirements and code applications
- Customize and integrate commercial software packages for both internal employees as well as external members on multiple platforms
- Maintain code integrity and quality
- Perform defect correction (analysis, design, code) on less complex issues and/or codes applications of medium complexity
- Install, customize and integrate commercial software packages.
- Work with more tenured peers to gain understanding of systems while conducting root cause analysis of issues, reviewing new and existing code and/or performing unit testing
- Work with experienced team members to conduct root cause analysis of issues
- Review new and existing code and/or perform unit testing
- Create system documentation/play books and attends requirements, design and code reviews
- Receive work packages from manager and/or delegates
- Understand and assists in gathering and analyzing customer requirements and may respond to outages following the appropriate processes
- Partner with experienced team members to develop accurate estimates on work packages
- May begin to identify issues that impact availability
- Bachelor's degree, or 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree
- 2 plus years of software engineering/development experience utilizing Java with experience working with Web Services REST or SOAP
- 2+ years in REST frameworks with focus on API development
- 1+ years in AGILE methodology
- 1+ years of experience integrating with backend services like JMS, J2C, ORM frameworks (Hibernate, JPA, JDO, etc), JDBC.
- Ability to implement container based APIs using a container frameworks OpenShift, Docker, or Kubernetes.
- Relational Database design and optimization with Oracle DB2, MySQL, Postgress
- Familiar with Gradle, GIT, GitHUB, GITLab, etc. around continuous integration and continuous delivery infrastructure
- Experience testing in REST services
- Experience in design and develop automated test framework