Title of Position: Full Stack Software Engineer
Location: Reston, VA or 100% remote anywhere in the US
Is Degree Required: No
We are looking for an ambitious software engineer possessing a strong understanding of software engineering processes and methodologies as well as functional and object-oriented design and programming experience. Ideal candidates will be able to take an active role in reviewing/accepting requirements, building new data collection, manipulation and storage functionality and/or features that use this data to make the hybrid cloud manageable from a single pane of glass.
- Build and maintain highly scalable full stack (server-side and UI client-side) processes for the purpose of data collection, manipulation, data pruning, trending and analytics, etc
- Review and maintain product backlog and implement features adhering to sound Engineering principles
- Take an active role in understanding and prioritizing technical debt
- Review and correct and/or delegate resolution of defects
- Work in a collaborative, agile and a fun environment and drive the teams towards a Continuous Delivery mechanism.
- Participate in Scrum reviews, standups, retrospectives and backlog grooming
- Work with devops technologies including docker, kubernetes, helm, ansible, hashicorp, jenkins, artifactory, etc
- BS in CS or equivalent technical discipline. Have equivalent real world experience? Tell us about it.
- 1+ years experience developing multi-threaded or multi-process software
- 1+ years software development experience working with devops technologies including two or more of: Docker, Kubernetes, Helm, MicroK8s, HashiCorp (Consul or Terraform), Ansible, Jenkins
- Basic working knowledge of at least one of: SNMP, XML, SOAP, RESTful APIs
- Understanding of software development lifecycle, from product backlog through delivery.
- Experience in the area of network or systems management is a major plus
- Willingness to work in an Agile environment with an emphasis on Continuous Delivery/Continuous Integration
- A working knowledge of current build tools is highly desirable
- You are passionate about delivering high quality, production ready code and believe that teams, not individuals are responsible for software quality.