Kforce has a client in search of a Software Engineer in Chicago, Illinois (IL).
Can you picture yourself working for one of -America's Ideal Employers-? Our client has received numerous awards and accolades due in part to their commitment to diversity, veterans, and fostering innovation. They've been named one of Fortune Magazine's -World's Most Admired Companies- of 2018 and are included in the -Top 50 Most Innovative Companies- named by Boston Consulting Group. With on-site training and mentoring, they are committed to your professional development as well.
* College degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering or equivalent is required
* 6+ years of experience
* 3-4 years of current hands on development and programming experience on the JEE stack including Spring Framework and web services
* 1-2 years of current understanding of high-level enterprise architecture and software design
* Technology - Mandatory: JEE, Spring, SQL, NoSQL DB, Spring framework
* Technology - Nice to Have: Spring boot, Event sourcing & messaging, Kafka, Casandra, Cloud, Docker, K8s
* Skillset - Mandatory: Design, Develop Test, Operate uService Components, Agile process
* Skillset - Nice to Have: TDD, BDD, DevOps, AWS, Enterprise experience, Scrum, financial industry
* Advanced knowledge of application, data and infrastructure architecture disciplines
* Understanding of architecture and design across all systems
* Working proficiency in developmental toolsets
* Ability to collaborate with high-performing teams and individuals throughout the firm to accomplish common goals
* Experience with persistence technologies such as SQL and No-SQL platforms
* Experience with modern agile software delivery practices such as scrum, continuous integration and delivery (CI/CD), TDD, and BDD, DevOps, and automation
* Hands-on experience with a cloud platform such as Pivotal Cloud Foundry or AWS, or container technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes is a plus
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required for the role
Kforce is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.