Kforce has a client that is seeking a Software Engineer in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania (PA).
Our clients have exciting and industry-changing Nursing and Health Education products that are providing our client universities and their students with innovative ways to access and utilize learning materials. Reporting to the Lead Software Engineer we now require a talented Senior Software Engineer to work in mixed (technical, design, testing, business etc.) development squad of around 5 people in this innovative teaching and learning environment.
The successful candidate will work within the squad model focused on new feature development, product delivery and quality. The squad has full autonomy regarding how it goes about delivering its long and short-term goals, ensuring both alignment and autonomy. In addition, we will look to the Senior Software Engineer to suggest elegant, maintainable product and project solutions which meet/anticipate customer needs.
Our client online product focuses on integrating 3rd party services with the online products shared services platform. This initiative is a brand new project to integrate with a centralized content provider. The purpose of the project is to unify learning management system integration to bring process benefits as well as to earn new business. You will be working on a suite of Java Spring services and coordinating work with other squads as well as Vendors. This is a high-profile project within the company and the successful applicant's contribution will ultimately be transformative to the business.
* 3-5 years of experience developing Java web services using the Spring framework
* Ideal candidate has done brand new project development using contemporary Java language features (vs legacy system maintenance)
* Experience working in a microservice environment and troubleshooting complex systems using transaction logs and log aggregation systems (Kibana, Splunk)
* Experience writing unit, integration and end-to-end tests
* Experience working in an Agile environment and managing source code using Git/GitHub
* Conducting independent thorough research on issues and reporting findings back to the team
* Working closely with Quality Engineers during the testing phase of stories
Nice to haves:
* Computer Science degree or equivalent
* Working knowledge of IntelliJ IDEA integrated development environment
* Working knowledge of PostgeSQL, Redis, AWS ECS, Gradle, Elasticsearch, Learning Tools Interoperability standards
Kforce is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.