Kforce has a client seeking a Software Engineer in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania (PA).
Our client is seeking a talented and self-motivated Front-End Software Engineer to join our Philadelphia Agile team of high-performing full-stack software engineers working on a cloud-based, enterprise-scale content authoring application platform used by external and internal users. Collectively, the team works in a highly collaborative environment that leverages a strong partnership between product management, product design and user experience, and software engineering and quality test engineering. As part of that environment, this position performs complex research, design, and software development assignments and provides direct input to project plans, schedules, and methodology in the development of our cross-functional software products. This would be a Contract opportunity with potential to hire permanently.
* Perform complex research, design, and software development assignments
* Provide direct input to the methodology, work planning, grooming, task assignments and delegation, and retrospective learnings in the development of our cross-functional software products.
* Work closely across the team to understand complex business and product objectives and translate them into software designs, writing and reviewing portions of detailed design specifications for the development of complex system components
* Successfully implement development processes, coding best practices, and code reviews
* Resolve complex technical issues as necessary
* Keep abreast of new technology developments
* Design and work with complex data models
* Train and mentor less-senior software developers
* Some experience with Node, Express, Java, Postgres, and Tomcat is preferred
* Ability to write and review portions of detailed specifications for the development of complex system components
* Experience building platforms in concert with UX/UI teams with focus on product design, user interaction models, rapid prototyping, story-boarding, user interface design, iterative user research, data science methods and analytics
* Strong background with providing technical guidance to product design (UX/UI) teams for best practice approach for product interface and interaction specifications and also developing maintainable HTML & CSS for implementing those specifications.
* Strong experience working in Agile software environments (Scrum/Kanban)
* Git source code repository experience (GitHub preferred)
* Strong experience with agile work management systems (JIRA preferred)
Kforce is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status