This position will be primarily responsible for providing technical leadership and leading a team of engineers. The Engineering Lead will work closely with the Project Management Office to manage goals and contribute to product strategy.Summary Essential Job Functions
- Lead a team of software engineers, including task planning and code reviews.
- Responsible for planning, execution and delivery of technical projects.
- Deliver highly readable and thoroughly tested code.
- Provide technical leadership, including product and architecture road mapping.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in a computer science or technical field.
- 5 years of software engineering experience, with 2 years of hands-on technical leadership.
- Experience designing and implementing distributed systems.
- Experience leading agile engineering teams.
- Excellent communication, problem-solving, and project management skills.
- Ability to collaborate effectively and follow up to ensure achievement of deadlines, outcomes, and results.
- Experience programming in one of the following languages: C#, C++, Go, or Java.
- Demonstrate company core values of excellence, ownership, collaboration, and integrity.
- 10 years of software engineering experience, with 5 years of hands-on technical leadership.
- Experience with OpenShift, Kubernetes, Postgres, Apigee, and Kafka.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at