Remote Software Engineer Lead Developer
The Application Lead Developer in Emory University's Office of Information Technology (OIT) provides leadership in delivering the highest quality applications and services for our School of Medicine business partners. This position works with the Director of Application Development and API Services, the School of Medicine's Director of IT, peer development managers, and direct reports and requires a solid technical background. The posistion offers opportunities for hands on development and in leading a team of high performing software engineers.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, math, engineering, or a related field
- Experience with client-side/front-end development.
- Experience with relational databases.
- Experience with SOA and integration between systems.
- Demonstrate ability to coach, inspire and mentor a team of software engineers
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written skills with a proven ability interacting with all levels of management, stakeholders, support personnel, and customers
- Knowledgeable with microservices, API gateways, Open API a plus
- Experience in DevOps with ability to instrument pipeline automation and CI/CD
The incumbent collaborates with Emory's world class researchers, physicians, students, and staff to help advance discoveries in health sciences and other disciplines, support the dissemination of knowledge, and improve the education of learners throughout the Emory Community. Architecture and design expertise is required to ensure Emory is getting the highest return on its IT investments. This leader must stay on top of technology advancements and trends including the cloud, online-workflow, UI/UX, application tech stack, etc. Collaboration and teamwork across the various teams is critical to the success of the delivery efforts, OIT, SOM, Emory University and its mission.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at