Description Job Description:Summary:
Healthcare is one of the fastest growing sectors of the US economy, but the industry faces many challenges in delivering value to providers and payers and in improving patient care outcomes in a highly dynamic marketplace. Our software engineers are at the forefront of defining and building solutions to address those challenges using a go-fast agile approach driven by small teams that rely on and value the contributions of each team member.Job Description:
The Health Growth Solutions (HGS) at Leidos has immediate openings for software engineers to help us shape, develop, and deliver new software solutions leveraging state-of-the art technologies to our government customers and launch new and innovative products into the commercial healthcare marketplace.
As the leader of an Agile Team, you'll architect, design, build, and enhance highly available and scalable systems used by customers worldwide. You'll direct major deliverables of projects through all aspects of the software development lifecycle including scope and work estimation, architecture and design, coding and unit testing. Additionally, you'll determine and recommend the best designs based on customer business objectives, timelines and other resource constraints. You'll mentor other software engineers and share your knowledge with the team and the organization to make us all better at what we do. You'll lead spikes and develop prototypes to help test product concepts and achieve customer validation. You'll contribute to the team's objectives by leading Kanban or sprint planning, daily scrums, product reviews, and retrospectives. You'll always respect the opinions of others, accept constructive criticism, share your views with a passion for improving the entire team's performance, and collaborate openly and positively with your teammates.Primary Responsibilities:
- Participate in the full software development lifecycle, working within broadly defined parameters.
- Own the delivery of an entire piece of a system or application, and serve as a technical lead on medium to large, complex projects.
- Work closely with other engineers to develop the best technical design and approach for new product development.
- Ensure team adheres to Agile processes and software engineering best practices.
- Build software solutions where the solution is not always well defined but always considers the customer first.
- Mentor other engineers in the art of building complex, web scale systems.
- Resolve roadblocks for the development team, working collaboratively with the Product Owner, technical leadership, and other engineers.
- Plan and estimate development tasks and work to improve performance metrics.
- BS and 4 - 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 - 6 years of prior relevant experience.
- Experience delivering an entire piece of a system or application.
- Experience serving as a technical lead.
- Deep understanding of software design patterns.
- Working knowledge of Agile Development and continuous integration and continuous delivery methodologies and tools.
- Solid understanding of software development process fundamentals.
- Strong, self-motivated desire to learn new programming languages, tools, frameworks, and techniques.
- Ability to complete tasking independently with minimal direct supervision.
- Ability to work and collaborate effectively within a multi-disciplined engineering team.
- Experience working with basic web technologies (HTML, CSS, XML, REST, JSON)
- Experience working with Cloud Technologies (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Experience working with a version control system (e.g., Git).
- Experience working with CI/CD processes and tools (Jenkins)
- Experience working with Infrastructure as Code (Terraform, Helm)
- Experience working with Containerized applications and orchestration (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Experience working with Enterprise Service Bus Technologies (Kafka)
- Experience working with Agile Development methodologies.
- Experience working with multiple operating systems (Mac OSX, Windows, LINUX, etc.).
- Experience working with at least one Relational Database Management System (Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQL Server, etc.).
- Experience working with NoSql databases (MongoDB, etc.).
External Referral Bonus:
- Experience working with Leidos Enterprise Application Foundry (LEAF) a plus
EligibleExternal Referral Bonus $:Potential for Telework:
NoClearance Level Required:
Yes, 10% of the timeScheduled Weekly Hours:
Software DevelopmentPay Range: