Description Job Description:
At Leidos, everything we do is built on our commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our employees, and our communities. Learn more about the values and culture that are the foundations of our business. Our mission is to make the world safer, healthier, and more efficient through information technology, engineering, and science.
Leidos is seeking a talented Software Engineer to support Wright Patterson Air Force Base, either on base or in our Dayton Ohio office. This position will involve supporting systems integration activities for multiple programs addressing fast paced software development needs for the USAF. In this role you will be expected to contribute to hardware/software integration activities as well as other infrastructure-related duties as assigned.
Primary Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Design, develop and maintain mission-critical software in support of national defense, and intelligence gathering products for both airborne and ground based systems
- Participate in laboratory, ground and flight testing to validate software
- Document and communicate proposed software solutions with integrated, cross-functional engineering teams in a fast paced highly technical environment
- Stay up-to-date on state-of-the-art programming techniques and software technologies
- Participate in software design and code reviews to ensure delivery of quality products and enhance skillsets
- Experience programming in one or more of the following languages: C++, Java, C#
- Communication skills (both oral and written) and ability to interact with and present to management
- Must be able to obtain and maintain an DoD Secret clearance
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related technical fields and a minimum of eight (8) years of experience or Masters with six (6) years of prior relevant experience; additional experience may be consider in lieu of degree
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Secret government clearance.
DaytonExternal Referral Bonus:
EligiblePotential for Telework:
NoClearance Level Required:
Yes, 10% of the timeScheduled Weekly Hours:
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.