Description Job Description:
At Leidos, everything we do is built on our commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our employees, and our communities. Learn more about the values and culture that are the foundations of our business. Our mission is to make the world safer, healthier, and more efficient through information technology, engineering, and science. We offer a robust benefits package including competitive salaries; company matching 401K Retirement Plan; comprehensive medical, dental and vision coverage; flexible work schedule to allow for life/work balance; tuition reimbursement and more.
Leidos has a career opportunity for a Senior Software Engineer
in Abingdon, MD to support a critical modernization effort of the Advanced Field Artillery Tactical Data System (AFATDS) in order to satisfy the vision of Program Executive Office (PEO) Command Control Communications - Tactical (C3T) and Project Manager Mission Command. This position is virtual/telework.
The AFATDS is a multi-service, automated command, coordination, communication, and computing system that provides automated fire support and coordination to all echelons, from firing unit through theater level, at Army, Marine Corps, Naval Firing Platforms, Navy Command and Amphibious Assault Ships, Air Force Operations Centers, and Joint Command and Control Centers. AFATDS enables the automatic application of the Force Commander's guidance in the Fires Warfighting Function to plan, execute, and deliver effects at all levels of command within the current and future force. AFATDS can automatically tailor the selection of fire support assets (field artillery, mortars, close air support, naval gunfire, attack helicopters, and offensive electronic warfare assets) based on the Commander's guidance, thereby enabling maximum effective use of all available fire support assets across the full spectrum of conflict.
This effort is to meet the government's objective to modernize the underlying AFATDS architecture and incorporate embedded training technologies to aid in operator-initiated system instruction and refresher training.Primary Responsibilities
If you are ready to take your next career step, then your role will be to integrate and collaborate with all technical teams to deliver a fully-functional system. Specifically, you will:
- Derive and maintain a cohesive program software architecture based on customer requirements, customer interactions, subject matter expert inputs, system architecture artifacts, and business objectives.
- Coordinate with Information Assurance and Risk Management group to design, develop and integrate updated security controls into product source
- Communicate development concepts to software developers, program management, and customer representatives during meetings.
- Work with system engineering personnel to assess requirements, and to ensure consistency between system architecture and software architecture.
- Use Jira, Confluence, Git/Bitbucket collaboration and source control tools to communicate information.
- Identify potential roadblocks and develop around them
- Plan and estimate development tasks and work to improve performance metrics
- BS degree in related technical field and 8-12 years prior relevant experience. Additional years of experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Security related certification or experience in the application of secure programming principals or security controls
- Experience with:
Java/J2EE technologies (Sockets, JPA, XML (DOM and SAX parsers)
PostgresSQL (RDBMS, PL/SQL, Referential Integrity)
Relational DB models and JPA
Atlassian tools, including Jira, Confluence, and Bitbucket
- Ability to multi-task, self-assign work, and function in a dynamic, fast-paced, development environment
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Proficiency with MS Office Products (Word, Excel, Visio, & PowerPoint)
- US Citizenship is required in order to obtain a DoD SECRET security clearance
External Referral Bonus:
- Experience with Service Oriented Architectures (SOAs) and specifically, OSGi
- Experience with AFATDS, Army Common Operating Environment (COE) or other PM MC systems
- Active DoD SECRET security clearance
- Experience with Windows scripting (Batch, PowerShell)
- Experience with Windows (Processes, IPC, caching, Windows Registry)
EligibleExternal Referral Bonus $:
$2,000Potential for Telework:
Yes, 100%Clearance Level Required:
Yes, 10% of the timeScheduled Weekly Hours:
Software EngineeringPay Range:
Pay Range $91,000.00 - $140,000.00 - $189,000.00