The primary purpose of this role is to translate business requirements and functional specifications into logical program designs and to deliver code modules, stable application systems, and software solutions. This includes developing, configuring, or modifying integrated business and/or enterprise application solutions within various computing environments. This role facilitates the implementation and maintenance of business and enterprise software solutions to ensure successful deployment of released applications.
Customer360 team is seeking an innovative results-driven Software Engineer to be part of the team that enables business users to extract analytic insights. As a Software engineer, you will be responsible for helping the engineering team to design and build APIs, FrontEnd, and batch applications. The role will open-source - ReactJS, Java, Spring boot, Python, Spark, Apache Kafka, Hive, NoSQL databases to deploy solutions on cloud or on-prem. This role will require a solid understanding of client-server architecture, NoSql datastores, an attitude to learn and adapt to potentially new open source technologies that best address the problems.
• Translates business requirements and specifications into logical program designs, code modules, stable application systems, and software solutions with occasional guidance from senior colleagues; partners with Product Team to understand business needs and functional specifications
• Develops, configures, or modifies integrated business and/or enterprise application solutions within various computing environments by designing and coding component-based applications using various programming languages
• Conducts the implementation and maintenance of complex business and enterprise software solutions to ensure successful deployment of released applications
• Supports systems integration testing (SIT) and user acceptance testing (UAT), provides insight into defining test plans, and ensures quality software deployment
• Participates in the end-to-end product lifecycle by applying and sharing an in-depth understanding of company and industry methodologies, policies, standards, and controls
• Understands Computer Science and/or Computer Engineering fundamentals; knows software architecture and readily applies this to software solutions
• Automates and simplifies team development, test, and operations processes; develops conceptual, logical and physical architectures consisting of one or more viewpoints (business, application, data, and infrastructure) required for business solution delivery
• Solves difficult technical problems; solutions are testable, maintainable, and efficient
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, CIS, or related field (or equivalent work experience in a related field)
• 2 years of experience in software development or a related field
• 2 years of experience in database technologies
• 1 year of experience working on project(s) involving the implementation of solutions applying development life cycles (SDLC)
• Master's degree in Computer Science, CIS, or related field
• 5 years of experience in systems analysis, including defining technical requirements and performing high level design for complex solutions
• 5 years of experience working with source code control systems
• 4 years of experience writing technical documentation in a software development environment
• 4 years of experience working with defect or incident tracking software
• Experience working with Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment tools
• Understanding of CDN, API Gateway, and Service Mesh
• Understanding of DevOps tools and CI/CD strategies
• Understanding exposure to graph database like Neo4j
• Understanding of test driven development and exposure to mocking frameworks like Mockito
Lowe's Companies, Inc. (NYSE: LOW) is a FORTUNE® 50 home improvement company serving approximately 20 million customers a week in the United States and Canada. With fiscal year 2020 sales of nearly $90 billion, Lowe's and its related businesses operate or service more than 2,200 home improvement and hardware stores and employ over 300,000 associates. Based in Mooresville, N.C., Lowe's supports the communities it serves through programs focused on creating safe, affordable housing and helping to develop the next generation of skilled trade experts. For more information, visit Lowes.com.
About Lowe's in the Community:
As a FORTUNE® 50 home improvement company, Lowe's is committed to creating safe, affordable housing and helping to develop the next generation of skilled trade experts through nonprofit partnerships. Across every community we serve, Lowe's associates donate their time and expertise through the Lowe's Heroes volunteer program. For the latest news, visit Newsroom.Lowes.com or follow @LowesMedia on Twitter.
Lowe's is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.