Please review the job details below.
Maxar is currently seeking mid-level and senior Software Engineers to join our Geospatial Cloud Services (GCS) team in Westminster, CO. In this role, you will be responsible for the development and maintenance of our complex, customer-facing web platform. You will be working on rapid software development, in a collaborative environment with small Scrum Teams.Life with Us
Your Project: Your initial project will include working on a large-scale rewrite of an existing legacy architecture. This presently involves various technologies such as Vue.js, Spring Boot, Kubernetes, AWS infrastructure, and more. The effort involves being more efficient, reliable, and comprehensive in our offering for our external customers. We have many exciting projects in this group as we progress through this product lifecycle. You will be deploying and running most of our software in AWS.
Your Career: We're very serious about professional development and continuing education at Maxar. We offer our team members with the opportunity to define their own career trajectory. Our group has amazing resources to support learning and development. You will work with your supervisor to set goals and design a development plan to advance your career.
What We Offer: Time for dedicated professional development, remote work, conference attendance, corporate partner and industry training, peer group collaboration, hackathons, as well as paid certifications, education reimbursement and student loan forgiveness.
What you'll do day-to-day (with your colleagues): With collaboration from your scrum team of 4-6, you will build and maintain software. You will work intimately with our product teams to understand usage requirements for our application. You will be structuring your work around Agile software methodologies and building stories to work against. Architecture and design input will be critical, and iterating on infrastructure decisions quickly.Minimum requirements for this position:
- Must be a U.S. Citizen and willing and able to obtain a U.S. Government security clearance
- Bachelor's degree in Geography, Geographic Information Systems (GIS), Computer Science, Information Systems, Software Engineering, Geosciences, Remote Sensing, Cartography, Photogrammetry, or a related field. Four additional years of experience may be substituted for a degree
- Mid-level candidates will have a minimum of 5 years demonstrated experience with web and/or geospatial programming, design, and development
- Senior candidates will have a minimum of 8 years demonstrated experience with web and/or geospatial programming, design, and development
- Significant Java experience
- Experience with single-page applications such as React or Vue
- Development experience with current frameworks (e.g., Spring, Hibernate, jOOQ) Development experience with open-source geospatial software (e.g. GDAL/OGR, GeoServer, PostGIS, OpenLayers, Leaflet, OGC)
- Development and architecture experience with AWS and related technologies
- Experience working as a software engineer in an Agile environment (TDD, BDD, Continuous Integration, etc.)
- Knowledge of multi-tier, heterogeneous architectures and how they typically fit together
- Understanding of what it takes to keep a high-availability software platform healthy
- Tremendous organizational and communication skills
- Experienced with and within SAFe, Scrum, Kanban, and/or XP teams
- Experience with Cloud-enabled web services
- Experience with Git
The compensation range for a mid-level candidate is $89,250.00 - $148,750.00 USD Annually, dependent on skills and experience.
The compensation range for a Senior candidate is $108,000 - $180,000 USD Annually, dependent on skills and experienceMaxar Technologies values diversity in the workplace and is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.