Mythics is hiring for a Software Engineer to work on-site at our client in Sterling, Virginia.
- Integral part of a scrum team participating in the full software development lifecycle including requirements, solution design, development, QA implementation, CI/CD
- Responsible for development, modernization, and enhancements to an either existing or new web-based enterprise microservice applications
- Write automated unit test cases to support test driven development
- Support verification and validation of software by supporting Quality Assurance team
- Perform code scans and support the remediation of findings from code scans
- Create new or maintain existing CI/CD pipelines
- Participate in scrum meetings and contribute to work flow processes
- Other similar professional duties maybe assigned as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems, mathematics, physics, or related discipline
- An advanced degree in a related field may be substituted for three years of experience
- Employer will accept a suitable combination of education, training or experience
- US citizenship is required to obtain a Public Trust clearance
- 1+ years of experience in 1 or more frameworks or programming languages - ASP.NET Core, ASP.NET, C#, and .Net Framework
- 1+ year of experience in relational database development preferably using SQL Server 2012, T-SQL Programming (e.g. Stored Procedures, Views, Functions, etc.)
- A demonstrated understanding of Service Oriented Architectures (SOA) including RESTful Service frameworks (Web API)
- Working knowledge of testing frameworks like XUnit, NUnit, or Selenium
- Experience in Agile Scrum environment
- Strong analytical skills and able to learn quickly
- Excellent interpersonal, written/verbal communication and organization skills
- Experience in developing responsive websites and mobile apps using the latest technologies.
- Understanding and working knowledge of other storage systems like Redis is highly desirable
- Experience using GitHub or other Git based source control systems.
- Experience in one or more the following frameworks and tools: DI, Dapper, NuGet packages, logging (log4net, NLog).
- Understanding of using Team Foundation Server (TFS), Octopus deploy, and SonarQube is highly desirable
- .NET Core experience
- Experience with gulp, webpack, or rollup is desirable
- Knowledge of section 508 compliance design principles
Why work at Mythics?
Because at Mythics, YOU count! At Mythics, we have an environment that fosters creative thinking, respects your contributions, and accepts nothing less than excellence in serving our customers. We demonstrate these core principles daily through our corporate Values of Respect – Empathy – Excellence – Fun (REEF). Our REEF values are the foundation of everything we do.
- Comprehensive Health, Dental, and Vision plans available for you and your family
- Premier 401k retirement plan with corporate matching and a 529 college saving plan
- Tax-advantaged Health Savings Account and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account options
- Generous PTO bank and paid holidays
- Tuition reimbursement for continuing education
- Engaging company events such as quarterly awards, annual kick off parties, and FUN Fridays (early release once a month)
- Free gourmet coffee, tea, fresh fruits and healthy snacking alternatives
- Community Service activities and charitable giving programs
- Our GREEN approach – tracking energy consumption for reduction and purchasing only environmentally friendly products for our offices
Founded in 2000, Mythics is an award-winning Oracle systems integrator, consulting firm, managed services provider and elite Oracle platinum resale partner. Our business model is all about deep knowledge of Oracle technologies and business processes. We offer procurement and Oracle systems integration expertise across the full range of Oracle cloud, software, support, hardware, engineered systems, and appliances. It’s a focus that gives us the critical business experience and the Oracle technology advantage you need to succeed.
Mythics, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, medical condition, veteran status, or any other factor determined to be unlawful by federal, state, or local statutes. Mythics, Inc. will treat all employees equally with respect to compensation; opportunities for advancement, including upgrading, promotion and transfer, and all other terms and conditions of employment. This company is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, and has designed and agreed to implement an Affirmative Action Program in accordance with Executive Order 11246 and VEVRAA Final Rule. Mythics, Inc. is able to provide alternative methods of application for those who are unable to complete an online form. Please contact email@example.com to arrange reasonable accommodations. To read more about your rights, please visit the Department of Labor Disability Rights Fact Sheet here. For more information about Federal laws prohibiting job discrimination, please view the “EEO is the Law” Poster here.