Start your future with a new mission: Northrop Grumman Space Systems (NGSP). As a part of the NGSP Team, you will work with experts that develop systems and solutions to keep our world safe. Together we protect our troops, public safety, information, and our planet. It's unique work. It's challenging and rewarding. Most of all, it's the work that makes a difference. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work, and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history. Join us and launch your career.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is seeking a Software Engineer This position will be located at Hill AFB, UT and will support the Ground Subsystems Support Contract (GSSC) program.The successful applicant will:
- Participate in the design, creation, and implementation of cloud-based web & desktop applications
- Develop complex dashboards and user interfaces to satisfy customer requirements
- Manipulate and combine large amounts of data from multiple sources together in a reliable and scalable manner
- Work with subject matter experts to understand and capture meaning of data
- Communicate advanced concepts and information in an understandable manner for audiences of varying levels of competency
- Participate in code reviews
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of technology trends
As a full-time employee of Northrop Grumman Space Systems, you are eligible for our robust benefits package including:
- Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
- Educational Assistance
- Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
- Paid Time Off
- Health & Wellness Resources
- Employee Discounts
This position's standard work schedule is a 9/80. The 9/80 schedule allows employees who work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday to take every other Friday off.
- Minimum of a Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related quantitative field
- Minimum 2 years of relevant development experience with a bachelor's degree; or 0 years with a Master's
- U.S. Citizenship and the ability to obtain a Secret Security Clearance
- Active Secret Security Clearance or higher
- CSS preprocessing experience such as Sass, Less, CSS in JS
- Working knowledge of REST API development or GraphQL.
- Experience with Node.js (Express, Apollo, Koa).
- Some familiarity with full stack development (frontend, backend, database)
- Familiarity with version control (Git preferred)
- Familiarity with CI/CD tools such as Jenkins/Travis/CircleCI
- Experience with design and development of database technology such as SQL, NoSQL, and GraphDBs
- A working knowledge of graph data structures and graph algorithms
- Ability to communicate effectively with team and customer interactions
- Strong written communication skills
- Must be self-directed when situation requires (open to research tasks and open ended problem solving
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.