At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems is seeking a Software Engineer
to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals in defining the future. The position will be located in Melbourne, Florida. Essential Functions:
The qualified individual will perform to develop and integrate customized or standardized applications for Electronic Warfare Systems (EWS). Interface with various suppliers and engineering organizations to facilitate the integration of their products with Northrop Grumman developed applications.
Qualifications: Basic Qualifications:
- Participate in the full life-cycle of software development to include:
- Requirements development, modeling and design
- Data reduction and analysis
- Performance modeling and evaluation
- Unit, integration, and formal system testing
- Interface regularly with supplier
- Interface on occasion with the customer
- The selected candidate should thrive in a fast-paced work environment with high expectations, significantly diverse assignments and a collaborative team settings across all levels.
- Bachelor's Degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) discipline from an accredited university and 2 years of software engineering experience OR a
- Master's Degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) discipline from an accredited university.
- A current DoD Secret or Top Secret level security clearance, to include a Single Scope Background Investigation, a periodic reinvestigation, or an original adjudication date completed within the last 6 years
- Familiarity with Electronic Warfare systems
- Familiarity with Signal Processing
- Familiarity with MatLab
- Familiarity with DOORS
- Familiarity with Java
- Familiarity with GUI development
- Familiarity/Experience with Atlassian tool suite with add-ons like Git, JIRA and Confluence
- Familiarity/Experience with Agile software development process
- Eclipse/Visual Studio or other integrated development environment (IDE)
- Ability to interface with all levels of employees and management