Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for a Software Engineer
to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Melbourne, Florida.
The Software Engineer will develop, modify and maintain customized or standardized applications using software engineering best practices and standards for the Universal Armament Interface (UAI) compliant MIL-STD-1760 Stores Management Systems (SMS). The candidate will participate in the full life-cycle of software development, to include requirements analysis, modeling and design, application development, unit and CSCI level testing, and support integration, formal system testing, release, installation, and maintenance. The candidate may interface with the customer on occasion. Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills are required.
Although not required to start this position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a DOD Secret or Top Secret clearance as well as Program Special Access within a reasonable amount of time, as determined by the company to meet its business needs.
We offer flexible work arrangements, great learning opportunities, exposure to a wide variety of projects and customers, and a very friendly team environment. We are looking for self-motivated, proactive, and goal-oriented people to help us grow our services and become even better at what we do.Basic Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) discipline from an accredited university and 2 years of software engineering experience OR a Master's Degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) discipline from an accredited university
- Experience developing software / writing code in C/C++ or Java
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret level clearance and special access
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or Electrical Engineering
- DoD Secret or Top Secret level clearance
- Experience developing software for safety critical embedded systems
- Familiarity with Agile software development process
- Familiarity with software development tools such as Git, CMake, VectorCAST, and Eclipse
- Knowledge of Linux systems and basic commands
- Knowledge of software design patterns, algorithms, and data structures
- Familiarity with software requirements tools such as DOORS and Rational Rhapsody
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.