Job ID: 2118049 Location:
CRANE , IN , US Date Posted:
Yes, 10 % of the TimeMinimum Clearance Required:
NoneClearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain:
SecretPotential for Remote Work:
SAIC Is hiring a Software Engineer Principal
to join our team in Crane, Indiana
- Designs, develops, documents, tests and debugs application software.
- Conducts analysis and collaborates with subject matter experts in the planning, design, development, and utilization of electronic data processing systems for information storage, processing, presentation, manipulation, display, or reporting.
- End product may be special use, customized, or commercial software.
- Determines computer user needs.
- Analyzes system capabilities to resolve problems on program intent, output requirements, input data acquisition, programming techniques and controls.
- Prepares operating instructions.
- Designs and develops autonomous services, desktop applications, web applications, scripts, and utility programs.
- Ensures software standards are met.
- Frequent use and application of technical standards, principles, theories, concepts and techniques.
- Directs established guidelines, procedures and policies.
- Provides solutions to a variety of technical problems of moderate scope and complexity where analysis of situations or data requires a review of the variety of factors.
- Work is reviewed for soundness of technical judgment, overall adequacy and accuracy.
#CRN Qualifications Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelors and nine (9) years or more experience; Masters and seven (7) years related experience.
- Experience in Software Engineering
- Must be a US Citizen and have the ability to obtain the interim Secret Security clearance to begin working on the contract. Must be able to obtain the full Secret Security clearance. SAIC will assist with the process of obtaining the interim Secret clearance for the qualified candidate.
- Must be able to:
- Communicate well
- Work within a team to find solutions
- Document processes and provide expertise for customer feedback
- Meet specified deadlines - position is very time sensitive with deliverable schedule
- Weapons system specialist able to support high level classified engineering efforts.
- IUADP software and firmware and test bench that supports software and firmware.
- Familiar with C Language and LabWindows, VHDL (bonus)
- Knowledge of MIL-STD-1553, Knowledge of RS-422/485, C based code (embedded/ARM), LabWindows, Test Experience, Visual Basic (preferred)
- Day-to-Day Support: Primary project overarching for IUADP and have a piece of the larger puzzle.
- Provide weekly reports to FST.
- Multi test
- Interface on 1553 and get requirements lined out to write code.
- Ability to help with documenting and executing.
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees are required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Where work is performed strictly at a customer site, customer site vaccination requirements preempt SAIC's vaccination policy.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com .
My SAIC Benefits.