It's fun to work in a company where people truly BELIEVE in what they're doing!
We're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business. The Role
Proofpoint's Security Products Group is looking for a seasoned engineer to work on designing, building and deploying large-scale threat detection services.
Our team employs cutting-edge technology to detect, analyze and produce intelligence for the latest threats from sophisticated cyber threat actors. Our detection services are the foundational components which are leveraged across Proofpoint's cybersecurity product offerings to protect our customers from threats delivered through e-mail, social media and SaaS applications.
We are looking for an engineer with technical expertise in multiple domains, internalized critical thinking skills, passion for coding and engineering best practices.
We are a fast-paced, high-energy team where you will be given the opportunity to make significant impact. The team has a solid engineering culture that values the craftsmanship of writing great code, enjoys learning, and solving big problems. Engineers on the team, work up and down the software stack to tackle challenges of scaling, reliability, security and usability for our users.Your day-to-day
What you bring to the team
- Be member of a high-performing team of engineers responsible for building critical threat detection and analysis services
- Take end-to-end responsibility to develop resilient and scalable components/features and get them integrated into the service
- Write custom code or integrate open source technologies as needed to find solutions to problems
- Help define processes and build tools as needed to scale the solution and the team
- Contribute innovative ideas for the service to stay ahead of threat actors
- Collaborate with teammates and colleagues in partner teams
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or Information Systems
- 5+ years of experience developing scalable and efficient Python code
- 2+ years of experience in setting up and maintaining Linux servers (CentOS)
- Many "been there, done that" stories related to shipping and maintaining major software products for customers
- Strong motivation and ability to learn new technologies and domains
- A positive can-do attitude and bring a passion for excellence to the workplace
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills
- Knowledge of cybersecurity, malware analysis, threat detection and/or sandboxing technology a bonus
If you like wild growth and working with happy, enthusiastic over-achievers, you'll enjoy your career with us!