It's fun to work in a company where people truly BELIEVE in what they're doing!
We're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business. The Role
Proofpoint Security Products is looking for a crafty engineer to join our malware detection platform team. Proofpoint is a global leader in people centric security and detection is at the core of this offering. The scale of our operation and the ever-shifting threat landscape presents unique challenges and opportunities to innovate and defeat cyber adversaries.
The platform uses the sandboxing technique to detonate malware and to collect forensics about the latest threats from the most sophisticated threat actors. It is a core component of Proofpoint's security platform and is leveraged across our product portfolio to protect our customers from threats coming in through e-mail, social media and SaaS applications.
We are looking for seasoned Python engineers with broad technical experience, passion for software craftsmanship, a love for coding and technology and a "get stuff done" attitude. We are a fast-paced, high-energy team where you will be given the opportunity to make a significant impact. The team has a solid engineering and mentorship culture, enjoys learning, and solving big problems. Engineers on the team work up and down the software stack to tackle challenging issues of scale, reliability, security and usability for our users.Your day-to-day
What you bring to the team
- Be member of a high-performing team of engineers responsible for building critical malware detection services
- Collaborate with Threat Analysts and Research Engineers to protect our customers against the latest attack trends
- Optimize and scale our detection platform
- Acting release manager shepherding our multi-stage deployment
- Help define processes and build tools to automate release engineering pipeline
- Take end-to-end responsibility to develop resilient and scalable components/features and get them integrated into the service
- Contribute innovative ideas for the service to stay ahead of threat actors
- Master of Science degree in Computer Science or Information Systems
- 5+ years of experience developing scalable and efficient Python code
- 5+ years of experience in setting up and maintaining Linux servers (CentOS)
- Many "been there, done that" stories related to shipping and maintaining major software products for customers
- A breadth of technical skills and know how to use the right tool for the job
- Strong motivation and ability to learn new technologies and domains
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills
- Knowledge of cybersecurity, malware analysis, threat detection and/or sandboxing technology a bonus
If you like wild growth and working with happy, enthusiastic over-achievers, you'll enjoy your career with us!