PropertyRoom.com, an eCommerce auction services company and the undisputed market leader in online police auctions, has an immediate opening for a direct, full-time full stack Software Engineer. In addition to our primary digital property (PropertyRoom.com) we also integrate with a number of clients, merchants, or strategic partner platforms. Given growth of the business we are expanding our digital offerings, including new mobile and marketplace applications. The role encompasses engineering for both existing and future platforms and offerings as we expand our market presence.
The position will be located at our company headquarters in Frederick, MD.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
We develop and manage an existing AWS-based, custom-built auction platform and listing service. Candidates should be comfortable with feature-based development across all application layer boundaries. The more experience a candidate has with serverless architectures, the better. Candidates without serverless experiences should possesses an understanding of what it means as it will be discussed in detail.
- Apply analysis and programming expertise to the development of database-centric and web applications
- Provide highly technical and specialized guidance and solutions to complex problems in a high-traffic environment
- Migrate and/or enhance application capabilities using AWS technologies such as Lambda, Kinesis, ElastiCache & CloudWatch
- Assist in migrating from unmanaged services to managed services in AWS
- Ability to research, prototype and adopt new technologies including adoption of Machine Learning techniques
- Capable of working independently AND as a member of a team
Technical Knowledge Requirements
Candidates should expect to discuss a track record of success that includes:
- Experience in the field of Information Technology, including at least 3 years of development experience (We have systems in C#/.NET, PHP, and NodeJS).
- Clear understanding of database design and development for relational databases (We use Microsoft SQL Server, MySQL, and DynamoDB).
- Experience web UI frameworks (Our apps have used ASP.NET WebForms, MVC, and ReactJS). Proficiency in DevOps tasks including monitoring technologies such as CloudWatch, CodePipeline, and CodeDeploy (We live in AWS).
- Clear understanding of n-tier architecture design and implementation
- Experience developing web apps for high-traffic sites
- Web Service Development (We have several services using either SOAP or REST).
- Amazon Web Services (AWS)
Successful Applicants Must:
- Demonstrate, during the interview process, ability to solve problems
- Possess the ability to work within a multi-discipline team including clients and co-workers
- Excel in a fast paced, client and market-centric environment
- Be able to clearly and persuasively articulate thinking behind solutions to clients and co-workers
- Be able to personally produce key strategic aspects of a solution
- Possess excellent time and project management skills
- Possess excellent written and verbal skills
- 2 to 5 years of development experience with at least one of the following C#, NodeJS, or Python
- Preferred experience high-traffic eCommerce (or similar) sites
- Mobile development experience a plus
- AWS Certifications a plus
- GitHub (or similar) profile with public projects and/or contributions a plus
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ethnicity, gender, veteran status, or on the basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Please visit our site for a better idea of what we do PropertyRoom.com.