Software Engineer QA - WORK FROM HOMEJob Description:QA Automation Engineer - WORK FROM HOME Who we are:
Micro Focus is one of the world's largest enterprise software providers, delivering the mission-critical software that keeps the digital world running. We combine pragmatism, discipline, and customer-centric innovation to deliver trusted, proven solutions that customers need in order to succeed in today's rapidly evolving marketplace. That's high tech without the drama. www.microfocus.com About the Role:
The QA Automation Engineer sets and maintains quality standards using systematic processes. Develops, modifies, and executes software test strategies, plans and suites. Analyzes and writes test standards and procedures. Maintains documentation of test results to assist in debugging and modification of software. Analyzes test results to ensure existing functionality and recommends corrective action. Develops tools and sets up environments to automate test execution. Consults with development engineers in resolution of problems.Responsibilities:
Education and Experience Required:
- Design and build scalable and reliable automation testing frameworks from ground up to monitor, evaluate, track and quantify end-to-end quality.
- Maintain, modify, and expand the automation coverage to incorporate functional, API, and system level testing.
- Implement performance test scripts to identify gaps in system availability, performance and reliability.
- Conduct architecture and test code reviews to build reliable and non-flaky test automation.
- Manually test the site across desktop and mobile devices for cross-browser, responsive and accessibility testing.
- Run training/workshop sessions for junior members of the team to help develop automation skills.
- Create and document comprehensive test plans, processes and results to support the two week sprints.
- Troubleshoot issues down to the root cause and provide detailed bug reports.
- Collaborate and communicate effectively with management, developers and Product owners.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent.
- 5+ years of hands-on experience in QA Automation frameworks such as Cypress, Selenium, UFT etc.
- Excellent scripting skills in JS, Python, etc.
- Experience with performance testing tools like JMeter, Loadrunner, etc
- Experience with API testing
- Experience withsource control, build and release processes anddeployment.
- Experience in building and owning Jenkins jobs for CI/CD, Application Monitoring and Alerts.
- Excellent communication, troubleshooting and organizing skills.
If you want to be part of what's next andfind out more about ouravailable opportunities, visit Micro Focus Careers .
EngineeringMicro Focus is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Prospective employees will receive consideration without discrimination because of race, colour, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, citizenship or any other legally protected status