- 3 years of experience in full-stack or backend development building resilient and scalable RESTful APIs in the cloud, implementing OOP, SOLID and SOA principles
- Passion for solving problems by providing the best experience for our users and business
- Strong TypeScript skills
- Strong Node.js skills
- Experience with RESTful API design and development
- Familiarity with Git
- Familiarity with Postman or a similar tool
- Familiarity with Docker
- Familiarity with Kubernetes
- Familiarity with Elasticsearch and Kibana basic concepts and querying
- Familiarity with NoSQL database technologies like DynamoDB or MongoDB
- Working knowledge of standard AWS technologies, such as Lambda, SQS and CloudWatch
- Ability to practice disciplined software engineering (automated testing, code reviews and writing readable code)
- Strong communication skills when talking about technical concepts
- Awareness of Mapbox GL and Google's APIs for mapping
The Software Engineer builds the foundation of the vision that we radically simplify and create a seamless home buying and selling experience. They create and craft the platform that's integrated within the Rocket Homes experience. This team member joins a friendly, collaborative team with a passion for getting their hands dirty and, above all else, finding the right solution.
- Build highly scalable, reusable and resilient APIs for web, native mobile and backoffice platforms to connect to for their respective client experience, managing millions of home listings and additional fintech capabilities that power these experiences
- Write RESTful services using TypeScript, Node.js, Express, Elasticsearch, NoSQL DBs and a multitude of AWS services, like Lambda
- Utilize data for monitoring, measuring and improving our platform ecosystem
- Create an incredible developer experience for engineers on the team and developers integrating with the API platform
- Work within a small team, collaborating with teammates (product managers, project managers, design, infrastructure, data, and other teams) to ship impactful products
- Use experimentation and data analysis to tune applications to be high-performing, intuitive and functional
- Mentor, educate and support those around you as well as other developers within the Rock Family of Companies
Who We Are?
Rocket Homes Real Estate LLC is a Detroit-based, tech-driven company with a passion for simplifying real estate. Our mission is to create a seamless home buying and selling experience by combining the process of searching for homes, connecting with a trusted real estate agent and getting a mortgage. Since 2006, we?ve partnered with our sister company, Rocket Mortgage by Quicken Loans, and our nationwide network of top-rated real estate agents to help over 500,000 clients with their real estate needs.??
This is an outline of the primary responsibilities of this position. As with everything in life, things change. The tasks and responsibilities can be changed, added to, removed, amended, deleted and modified at any time by the leadership group.
The Company has policies to support applicants with disabilities, including, but not limited to, policies regarding the provision of accommodations that take into account an applicant?s accessibility needs due to disability. For more information, please call us at (800) 411-JOBS or email us at?Job@MyRocketCareer.com.?