Job ID: 2114769
Location: MIDDLETOWN , RI , US
Date Posted: 2021-10-01
Subcategory: SW Engineer
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Remote Work: No
SAIC is seeking a Software Engineer to provide support for the Naval Undersea Warfare Center, Newport, RI. You will perform design, development, testing, integration and configuration of software applications and components. You will provide software engineering expertise for the development, test, and analysis team and adhere to software development and configuration management processes. Documentation of software development including development of test plans, design documentation, maintaining design requirements will also be required. You will conduct analysis and collaborate with subject matter experts in the planning, design, development, and utilization of electronic data processing systems for information storage, processing, presentation, manipulation, display, or reporting. You will be required to understand System Interconnects for delegating appropriate software routines to hardware. You will be responsible for generating automated test routines for testing hardware components for functionality and providing user feedback.
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor's Degree or higher in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related technical field.
• 5+ years of progressive experience in systems design, integration and analysis of military hardware and software systems/processes
• Proficiency with one or more of the following scientific computing languages:
- National Instruments LabVIEW, LabVIEW Real-Time, PXI, Compact RIO, Teststand
- SQL / SQL Server
- Windows/Visual Studio
- Object-Oriented Software Engineering
• Proficiency with utilizing basic lab equipment like Oscilloscopes, DMM's, Spectrum Analyzers, and other test equipment.
• Proficiency with different communication protocols like GPIB, RS232, SPI, Ethernet.
• Experience with Nationals Instruments Hardware like PXI, CRIO, CDAQ, ETC.
• U.S. Citizenship with the ability to obtain and maintain a US DoD Secret Security Clearance.
• Experience with Department of Defense (DoD) projects
• Experience with Windchill, SVN, or DOORS
• Experience with FPGA or embedded design.
• Active Secret clearance
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees are required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Where work is performed strictly at a customer site, customer site vaccination requirements preempt SAIC's vaccination policy.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com .
My SAIC Benefits.