We are looking for candidates passionate about craftsmanship, teamwork, and delivering user capability to join SAIC supporting the Air Force weather community on the Technology Application Development & Sustainment (TADS) contract.
Software Engineers will design, develop, and maintain software systems from science to operations within an empowered, cross-functional team.
Successful candidates will demonstrate the following characteristics:
• Growth Mindset
• Servant Leadership
• Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Assurance, Cyber Security, or Data Science and 5+ years of applicable experience
• Experience with programming languages such as Java, React, Python, C++, FORTRAN
• Familiarity with Agile methodologies (Scrum, XP, Kanban, Lean, Theory of Constraints)
• Experience with configuration management tools (Git, Mercurial, ...)
• Familiarity with Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery concepts and enabling tools such as Jenkins, Maven, and Ansible
• Familiarity with service based standards such as REST and Open Geospatial Consortium (OGC) Web Services (OWS)
• Testing tools (e.g. Junit, Selenium, jMeter)
• Code quality tools (e.g. Sonar, Cast)
• Static scanning (e.g. Fortify)
• Must be a ====
• Must be able to obtain a secret clearance
• CompTIA Security+, Network+, CSSLP, or equivalent
• Active Secret Clearance
• Familiarity with 557th Weather Wing
• Familiarity with meteorological data formats like METAR, GriB, GriB2, and NetCDF
• Knowledge of scientific software development techniques, preferably for environmental datasets
• Mix of on-site and remote work
My SAIC Benefits.