Job ID: 2116690-RESTON-VA Location:
RESTON , VA , US Date Posted:
NoMinimum Clearance Required:
TS/SCI with PolyClearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain:
NonePotential for Remote Work:
SAIC, a leading provider of systems development & deployment, targeting & intelligence analysis, systems engineering & integration, and training capabilities and solutions for the Intelligence Community, is seeking creative and dedicated professional to fulfill their career goals and objectives while delivering mission excellence on programs of national importance.
SAIC's Software Engineer will provide technical support to ongoing endeavors through the delivery of system integration and development efforts. These efforts include integrating and incorporating the use of Commercial-off-the-shelf software. Qualifications Mandatory Skills:
- Must have an active/current TS/SCI with polygraph
- Three (3) or more years of demonstrated experience in software development
- Using scripting languages such as Python, Bash, or Perl
- Utilizing SQL and/or other databases
- Using modern Java frameworks such as Angular, Spring, or Hibernate
- Utilizing Continuous Delivery and DevOps practices
- Bachelor's Degree (B.S.) in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Information Management Systems or a related discipline. Note that years of experience can be substituted in lieu of degree.
- Working in an Agile development environment
- Writing RESTful web services
- Using AWS or other cloud services
- Utilizing search and indexing engines, such as Solr or ElasticSearch
- Employing diverse data types such as JSON and/or CSV
- Using relational database platforms such as MySQL or Oracle
- Tracking projects using Jira and/or Confluence
- Familiarity using Linux operating systems, such as CentOS and/or Red Hat
- Certifications: Splunk Power User, ITIL v3 Foundations, Red Hat Certified System Engineer, AWS Solutions Architect
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees are required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Where work is performed strictly at a customer site, customer site vaccination requirements preempt SAIC's vaccination policy.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com .
My SAIC Benefits.