Software Developer IV (SDET) Location:
Charlotte, NC Target Comp:
$63-67/hr Work Requirements:
Candidates must have valid authorization to work in the US as a W2 employee. Third Party Candidates are not being considered at this time. Overview
: The Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) is a developer with the primary responsibility of writing frameworks and tools to test products. It is a very unique and challenging role and provides immense opportunity to design and develop wide-reaching tools. It combines the "building" aspect of software design engineering with the "breaking" aspect of software test engineering. You'll be writing code that automatically verifies the quality of the product. That means that you potentially write more code than the developers.
The ideal candidate will be able to understand software internals, debug code, automate repetitive tasks, and implement new tools and frameworks needed to streamline the process. Our SDETs work directly with both Software Development Engineers and Quality Assurance Engineers to understand project features, review technical designs, and implement automated test tools that help deliver quality features with efficiency. Job Description
- Analyze, code, test and document moderately complex applications programs from detailed specifications.
- Assist with preparing specifications from which programs will be written.
- Build test scenarios and acceptance tests for the stories in the Product backlog
- Setup, maintain, and operate test automation frameworks
- Perform test automation on multiple application types - Hadoop and databases etc.
- Investigate customer problems, referred by the Business or Sustain
- Create and manage defect reports and communicate with the team
- Handle platform/application specific technical communications with Product owner, team members and stakeholders
- Work with developers and the Sustain team in resolving application
- Knowledge of various test methods and corresponding tools like JUnit, TestNG, Selenium WebDriver, etc.
- Strong experience with automation using Java, SQL, Python or other programming languages
- Experience of working in an AGILE + DevOps delivery environment
- Proven problem-solving skills, attention to detail and organizational skills
- Understanding of Object-Oriented design principles
- Associates degree in a related field required, Bachelors degree or equivalent experience strongly preferred.
- Demonstrates working knowledge of 2 (preferred) programming languages, report production, and database structures.
- Demonstrates working knowledge of software and hardware tools supporting primary system operations.
- Demonstrates knowledge of systems development, hardware/software and project methodology, preferred.
- Demonstrates effective customer service.
- Demonstrates effective communication and interpersonal skills. This includes the ability to provide clear explanations of problems and resolutions.
- Demonstrates general business knowledge and knowledge of insurance theory and terminology.
- Demonstrates effective problem solving skills.
- Demonstrates attention to detail, organization, and timeliness in order to meet customer service expectations.
- Demonstrates basic project management skills
- Demonstrates basic PC Skills: Spreadsheets, Word Processing, Database, E-mail...
TekPartners is one of the fastest growing private staffing firms in the United States. We are a premier provider of highly qualified IT talent, Workforce Solutions and Business Intelligence Solutions to many enterprise organizations across the nation. As experts in the industry, our team continues to match proven talent to the right job opportunity every day.
Our benefits package includes:
- Comprehensive Medical Benefits
- Competitive Pay
- 401K Retirement Plan
- And Much More