The Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City is seeking a Software Engineer to support the design, development, and engineering of large, highly complex payment card device applications. This role will utilize a variety of technologies and techniques including, enterprise software patterns, client-server, and advanced security principles. Key Activities:
- Applies the principles of software engineering to the design, implementation, configuration, and optimization of solutions in support of applications, databases, test automation tools, DevOps processes, and Commercial Off the Shelf (COTS) products.
- Demonstrates technical skill in the use of Java.
- Performs peer reviews using software engineering principles, patterns, and development guidelines.
- Partners with Product Owner & customers in the development of innovative solutions that achieve business goals. Reviews and analyzes business and technical requirements, and implements technical solutions to meet those requirements.
- Provides on-call support, troubleshooting, root cause analysis, incident management, and service request management for supported products and environments. Performs other duties as assigned.
- Typically requires at least 6 years of relevant experience.
- Bachelor's degree specializing in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics), or a closely related field, from an accredited college or university, or equivalent combination of directly related education and/or experience.
- Senior understanding of subject.
- Has in-depth and/or breadth of knowledge in discipline. Performs work independently with limited supervision and direction. Serves as a resource for less experienced staff.
- Strong knowledge Industry software development methodologies, standards and architecture frameworks.
- Proficient with Web Application Frameworks (e.g. JSF, Spring MVC, Grails, etc...).
- Proficient with modern ORM technology (e.g. Hibernate, JPA, etc...).
- Proficient with modern DBMS technology (e.g. Oracle, etc...).
- Proficient with Java Enterprise Applications (e.g. JEE, Spring, etc...).
- Proficient with front end development technologies such as Angular, React, or Vue.
- Proficient with modern DevOps tooling (e.g. Subversion, Git, Maven, etc...).
- Proficient in Agile software development principles.
- Demonstrated ability to adapt and learn new technologies (e.g. Web Services, MQ Series, Groovy/Grails, etc...)
- Strong organizational, project management and problem-solving skills.
- Strong initiative, innovative thinking skills, and the ability to analyze details and adopt a big-picture view.
- Strong interpersonal skills. Ability to effectively build relationships, promote a collaborative and team environment, and influence others.
United States Citizenship is required for this position.
This position has additional screening requirements due to the information accessed while performing the job. These additional screenings would be initiated at the time of offer acceptance and can take up to a couple of months to be completed. You can begin work before the screening is completed; however, continued employment is contingent on acceptable screening results. The areas screened may include education/employment verification, criminal history, credit history, and reference checks.
Follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter, and our YouTube channel - Kansas City Fed.
We [Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City] are committed to building a diverse workplace, and are continually striving to achieve this goal. As such, we provide equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or genetic information .