Solers, a Peraton Company, is seeking a Mid-Level Software Engineer in Chantilly, VA to support our Intelligence Community customer as part of a highly talented, highly motivated and high-performing team. As part of the software engineering team you will support an exciting program which involves design, development, test, and deployment of an exciting and complex system in an Agile construct to contribute to mission success for a variety of stakeholders.
What you’ll do…
- Work with emerging service and distributed computing technologies for satellite data processing and distribution as a member of our software development/systems integration teams supporting our DoD and IC clients.
- Participate in software and algorithm design, development, and integration efforts.
- Develop, install and configure software components or algorithms in a virtualized environment/framework.
You’d be a great fit if…
- You hold an active TS/SCI security clearance.
- You hold a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering, or related field.
- You have software design and development experience with service-oriented architectures to include web services, and JMS publish/subscribe messaging and distributed based data processing technologies.
- You have experience interfacing with relational databases and developing applications for virtualized environments.
- You have experience developing software on Unix-based operating systems such as RedHat Enterprise Linux.
- You are able to think creatively and operate in a collaborative, fast-paced, process-oriented, deadline-driven and sometimes ambiguous environment with little supervision.
- You are able to express yourself confidently, concisely, and accurately through written and oral communications.
It would be even better if you…
- Have experience with scheduling tools, optimization algorithms and tools, and modeling of spacecraft and sensor phenomenology.
- Have a background in physics, mathematics, or aerospace.
What you'll get...
- An immediately-vested 401(K)
- Rapid PTO accrual schedule and 10 federal holidays
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Tuition reimbursement
- Cross-training and professional development opportunities
- The ability to influence major initiatives
Where you’ll work…
Why Solers, A Peraton Company:
Are you ready to join the next-generation of national security? Peraton is a fresh name in the industry with an established portfolio and legacy going back more than a century. We work differently than our peers – with agility, the freedom to innovate, an entrepreneurial spirit and a culture of responsibility. As part of the Peraton team, you’ll be part of our movement to build a great company, solve the most daunting challenges facing mankind today, to protect and promote freedom around the world, and to secure our future, for our families, our communities, our nation, and our way of life.
Solers is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other factor protected by law.