Solidus is searching for a Software Engineer.
• Participate in the full software development lifecycle, working within broadly defined parameters to support in the creation and development of mission critical software source code.
• Use Agile development tools such as Jira, Confluence, and Bitbucket/Git to manage work and collaborate with your teams.
• Support the creation and updating of all relevant documentation and specifications for design, development and testing.
• Identify potential roadblocks and develop around them.
• Plan and estimate development tasks and work to improve performance metrics.
• Develop maintainable code that matches specifications using modern software development languages and tools, such as java.
• Develop automated tests leveraging a continuous integration process.
• Own delivery of small parts of a system or application.
• Work closely with other engineers to develop the best technical design and approach for new product development.
• Build software solutions where the solution is not always well defined but always considers the customer first.
• Active Secret Clearance
• Bachelor's degree and less than 2 years of experience in a relevant field.
• Experience with Java/C++ and object oriented programming (applicants will be tested).
• Solid understanding of software development process fundamentals.
• Strong, self-motivated desire to learn new programming languages, tools, frameworks, and techniques.
• Active DoD Secret security clearance or greater
• Active DoD TS security clearance or greater
• USSTRATCOM or ISPAN familiarity
• Familiarity with basic web technologies including HTML, CSS, XML, REST, JSON, SOAP, and WSDL
• Familiarity with web application technologies, such as Apache Tomcat, JBoss, etc.
• Knowledge of a version control system (e.g., Git).
• Knowledge of Agile Development methodologies.
• Familiarity with multiple operating systems (Mac OSX, Windows, LINUX, etc.).
• Familiarity with at least one Relational Database Management System (Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQL Server, etc.).
• Proficiency with MS Office Products (Word, Excel, Visio, & PowerPoint).
• Familiarity with NoSql databases (MongoDB, etc.).
Applicants selected must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. U.S. Citizenship may be required. Solidus is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify. NOTICE OF AFFIRMATIVE ACTION PLAN FOR INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES, DISABLED VETERANS AND OTHER PROTECTED VETERANS. It is the policy of this Company to seek and employ qualified individuals at all locations and facilities, and to provide equal employment opportunities for all applicants and employees in recruiting, hiring, placement, training, compensation, insurance, benefits, promotion, transfer, and termination. To achieve this, we are dedicated to taking affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans, and other protected veterans. The objective in adopting the Affirmative Action Programs is to place qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans and other protected veterans in all job classifications. These Affirmative Action Programs are available for inspection by any applicant or employee by contacting the Company's EEO Coordinator, in the Human Resources office, Monday through Friday, 8am to 5pm.
Please Note: Solidus does not accept applications from agencies, 3rd party vendors, or applications with incomplete information.