- Collaborate with users, business analysts and other software/systems engineers to understand application needs and then design, develop, maintain and support those solutions.
- Build and maintain system specifications documents, architecture diagrams and flow charts, which detail system logic and data architecture
- Provide user support, including initial training and help desk assistance as needed
- Independently analyze and resolve problems associated with existing Business Application Systems. Detect, diagnose, and reports all system related problems as necessary.
- Ensure performance, defects and user-reported issues are being captured and analyzed.
- Assume a lead role in training junior developers, associates and analysts on key business processes and applications.
- Review, modify and improve Business Applications through code, validation and documentation.
- Manage the development lifecycle, execution and maintenance of thorough test plans/test scripts and test cases designed to identify issues, defects and deviations from user
- Follow established processes to maintain applications developed and deployed meet minimum requirements for regulatory compliance such as PCI and Sarbanes-Oxley.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Working knowledge of Service Oriented Architecture and Web Services with at least 3-5 years of prior experience developing and/or supporting production systems leveraging these technologies.
- Strong experience with Java, J2ee, XML, XSLT and WebMethods
- Experience with ILE technologies (iSeries, RPG, AS400) is highly desired. (Willingness to work with them is required)
- A solid understanding of Schemas, and SOAP
- Exposure to Linux and Windows Operating Systems
- Strong knowledge of SQL and ability to data mine and query in relational databases (SQL Server, Oracle, or DB2)
- Experience working in eCommerce, Retail, Wholesale, Shipping/Logistics or some other industry involving Warehousing and Inventory systems is highly desired.
- Familiarity with Mobile Device Management Framework (Meraki preferred)
- Knowledge of Apple and Android SDK’s for building mobile applications is a plus
- Past work experience with eCommerce
- Experience with ETL process and technologies