Philadelphia, PA Salary:
Our client is currently seeking a Software Engineer Sr
- *** Required Skills: DOD-S Clearance***.
Software Engineering: Agile software development methodology, C++/Object Oriented development experience on Windows platform. Software design, development, unit and integration testing, Continuous Integration and automation. Due to the complexity of the system, the candidate must be a strong problem-solver as they will need to understand complex algorithms and critical methods. The candidate should have a BS or MS degree in Comp-Sci or strong software engineering experience with a degree in EE, Math, Physics, Comp Eng. Any development experience related to Protected MilSatCom Mission Planning software is also desirable.
- Desired Skills: Agile, Scrum, Rational ClearCase/ClearQuest, Refactoring, Continuous integration, Automated Test frameworks such as Silk or Google Mock / Google Test.
- Specific Job Description: Location: King of Prussia, PA. Software Engineer on the AEHF program with experience commensurate with the labor category. Candidate will support the AEHF Mission Planning Subsystem (MPSS) on the AEHF Capability Augmentation contract. Position involves developing software in C++ using object-oriented methodology as well as developing software fixes on a large, complex mission ground software satellite communication system. The candidate will work side-by-side with Systems and Operations Engineers from s/w design through integration test using Agile Methodology. Candidates will gain in depth systems knowledge and will be engaged to perform systems engineering level tasks, e.g., designing solutions based upon ops con, designing integration test cases. The candidate will demonstrate strong communication and problem-solving skills as they are required for this position. The qualified candidate will have previous software development experience and show the potential to understand Protected MilSatCom Mission Planning software requirements related to Frequency Planning, Comm Planning, Payload Config, Crypto and understanding of complex algorithms and critical methods.
- Standard Job Description: Plans, conducts, and coordinates software development activities. Designs, develops, documents, tests, and debugs software that contains logical and mathematical solutions to business/mission problems or questions in computer language for solutions by means of data processing equipment. Applies the appropriate standards, processes, procedures, and tools throughout the development life cycle. Applies knowledge of computer hardware and software, subject matter to be programmed in business/mission applications, information processing techniques used, and information gathered from system users to develop software. Corrects program errors, prepares operating instructions, compiles documentation of program development, and analyzes system capabilities to resolve questions of program intent, output requirements, input data acquisition, programming techniques, and controls. Ensures software standards are met.
- Typical Education Requirements: Bachelors degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with 2 years of professional experience; or no experience required with a related Masters degree. Considered experienced, but still a learner.
This job and many more are available through The Judge Group. Find us on the web at www.judge.com