We are not just offering a job but a meaningful career! Come join our passionate team!
As a Fortune 50 company, we hire the best employees to serve our customers, making us a leader in the insurance and financial services industry. State Farm embraces diversity and inclusion to ensure a workforce that is engaged, builds on the strengths and talents of all associates, and creates a Good Neighbor culture.
We offer competitive benefits and pay with the potential for an annual financial award based on both individual and enterprise performance. Our employees have an opportunity to participate in volunteer events within the community and engage in a learning culture. We offer programs to assist with tuition reimbursement, professional designations, employee development, wellness initiatives, and more!
Visit our Careers page for more information on our benefits
and the process
of joining the State Farm team! ResponsibilitiesDay in the life of a Software Engineer in PCM
As a software engineer, you will play in integral role supporting the actuarial and underwriting departments by helping build and support solutions to drive results for the enterprise. Through this role, your work is essential for helping design and develop applications to support the actuarial and modeling processes and to achieve the business objectives for our P&C products.As a Software Engineer you will:
QualificationsWe are looking for all levels of Software Engineers:Required Skills:
- Work closely with product team and customers to develop applications for actuarial and underwriting business problems
- Work to design, develop, implement, test and support products for business areas
- Build and maintain pipelines for the development, implementation, execution, validation, monitoring, and improvement of data science solutions
- Identify problems, related technical issues, and long-term repeatable solutions meeting customer needs
- Apply an understanding of user experience best practices and test design standards
- Experience with developing solutions on AWS or other distributed compute platforms.
- Experience with any open source database such as PostgreSql, MySQL. Etc.
- Ability to learn and adopt new technologies and languages
- Critical thinking skills to challenge current thinking and apply right technology to solve problems.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related field
- Experience with Spring Boot, Django or similar frameworks
- Experience using deployment automation technologies, preferably Terraform
- Experience using Docker or other web server technology in a Linux environment
- Experience with automated testing frameworks and practices
- Experience with CI/CD systems, preferably with GitLab, Jenkins, or AWS Code Deploy.
This is a "Hybrid" position, which means selected candidates will be assigned to a facility and will spend some time working both in office and from their home.
Office Location: Corporate office located in Bloomington, IL, OR State Farm Hubs: Richardson, TX; Dunwoody, GA; Phoenix AZ. ****Applicants are required to be eligible to lawfully work in the U.S. immediately; employer will not sponsor applicants for U.S. work authorization (e.g. H-1B visa) for this opportunity*****