Tyler Technologies is looking for a talented , passionate Software Engineer to enhance and maintain our Records Management System, and Computer Aided Dispatch System. As a Software Engineer, you will work in a fast-paced, results-driven environment with a highly skilled and dedicated team to implement solutions as well as remediate client-reported issues. Ideal candidates will enjoy solving complex technical problems and thrive in a highly collaborative environment.
Incode Public Safety offers mobile communications, comprehensive records management, Geographic Information Systems (GIS) systems to track mobile unit activity, and business/residential alarm system registration. This public safety solution conforms to Uniform Crime Reporting (UCR) standards and integrates with the National Crime Information Center (NCIC). Incode Public Safety is a public safety solution used around the country by police, tribal police, campus police, transit authority police, sheriff, and postal police departments as well as fire and rescue units. Location
- Participate in the entire lifecycle of analysis, design, coding, testing, implementation and support
- D evelop new features as well as m aintain legacy code within the product suite
- Ensure on-going success of projects by designing high-quality technical solutions
- Collaborate with other software developers, business analysts and software architects to solve complex technical problems
- Participate in troubleshooting of production issues
- Lead and mentor Junior Developers and/or Interns
- 2+ years of experience in designing and programming applications
- Strong knowledge of computer science fundamentals in data structures, algorithms, complexity analysis, and databases
- Exceptional software design, problem solving and object-oriented coding skills
- Skills and experience with C# , SQL , VB Script, XML/XSD/XSLT, DHTML, Visual Basic 6
- Proficient with tooling to enable SDLC (TFS, Visual Studio, etc.)
- Ability to excel in an Agile based team with a strong focus on collaboration and teamwork
- Strong knowledge of design and code patterns, specifically toward .NET
- Ability to understand and follow existing architectural patterns
- Positive outlook and willingness to learn and accept feedback from others
- Strong communication skills especially around technical team interaction
- Familiarity with Test-Driven Development (TDD) and test automation frameworks is helpful
- Demonstrated experience developing enterprise business applications is strongly preferred
- Bachelor's D egree in Computer Science or related technical field, or equivalent work experience
#DICEPSState Specific Salary Range Disclosure Requirements for Colorado, Connecticut, and Nevada
Salary will generally fall between $58,285 - $85,000 before adjustment for geographic differences. Recruiter can confirm if position is incentive eligible.Great Place to Work & Grow Your Career
Come join us as we transform the public sector! Our mission, vision, and values guide everything we do. We're also frequently recognized as a great workplace locally and nationally. See our many awards and accolades . Taking Care of You & Your Family
Your health and well-being are important to us. That's why we invest in our team members by offering competitive benefits to support their health and financial wellness. Learn more about how we care for our people .
Tyler is subject to regulations, guidelines, and/or client requirements relating to the qualifications of Tyler personnel performing certain client work. Because of the nature of this position, it is a requirement that the candidate can successfully pass a federal background check at the time an offer is extended and over the course of employment with Tyler.
Tyler Technologies is proud to be an affirmative action / equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, creed, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected under local, state or federal laws. If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process due to a disability, please submit your request by emailing email@example.com or by calling 800.646.2633 ext. 791008. Please keep in mind these methods are reserved for individuals who require accommodation due to a disability.